Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to grab a set quick after work so I'm hoping someone will respond soon...
Did a search, but I couldn't really find the exact part number that I need for NGK coppers with the list of mods that I have (look in my sig).
Anyone care to help me out?

Also can I get these at any pepboys or napa??

Thanks,
Joe
(gotta head of to a meeting :rolleyes: )

·
Ziggy Socky!
1,717 Posts
The NGK copper plugs are BCPR6ES-11 copper spark plugs

This info is copied from jeffs site. If you have some time I would check it out before you leave work.

The proper spark plugs are platinum NGK PFR6J-11 (or Denso PK20PR-P11 or equivalent) for the DOHC engine, and NGK BPR5ES-11 (or Denso W16EPR11 or equivalent) for the SOHC

Ohh I bought mine form
http://www.sparkplugs.com/
Not sure if the local stores will have them but you can call or stop by.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks Mac for helping a fellow hoosier out. :D

I did see Jeff's site, but the thing that I was stumpted about was the "heat range" for the plugs that would best go with my mods. Should I go hotter (5) or colder (7), or stay at level 6?

Also, what do you guys think about gapping them at .028?

-Joe

·
Ziggy Socky!
1,717 Posts
I would definately not go any hotter because there is tendency for greater knock = 5

The danger in going too cold is that the plugs will quickly foul because they never reach their self-cleaning temperature. = 8,9

The question is what boost level are you running. I didn't see any alcohol or propane injection in your mods so I would suggest to go with .032 unless you have been experiencing blow out. The smaller the gap the less likely it will blow out but the larger the gap the more power you will get. To be on the safe side go ahead with a temperature of 7.

Some great information can be found in this post if you have some time to read through it.
http://www.3si.org/portal/forums/sh...&perpage=15&highlight=spark plug&pagenumber=1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.