Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm not exactly new here. A very very few people may remember me from about year ago as 94BlackDragon. My tranny went out in my 94 3KGT base so I got a 2001 Eclipse GT which is a great car. But now I have an opportunity to get a VR-4. I have a buyer for my Eclipse, and I have found two VR-4's. They both have about the same mileage, 75k. I know there were a few changes made to the 95 model like painting the top of the headlights and active aero removal I think. (My black 94 had condensation in the headlights from the first day I bought it.) Are there any major differences in the two years that makes one the better car?

Thanks,
Jessica
http://groovalicious.net/eclipse

V

·
0 Posts
I would say the 95 is a little bit better.It has 18" chromie rims,
and they look so damn good.The Active Aero is still there on 95
model.However,Mitsu does remove the Active Exhaust System
on 95 model.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I knew something 'active' was removed. :) So those big chromies did start in 95. I love those rims!

·
Member# 2310
2,638 Posts
I love the 94's but I'd say go with 95.

Due to:
I know that 94 you can't hook up a data logger to and 95 I think you can.

And the #1 reason in 94 they have the plastic headlight covers that get crappy looking and in 95 they painted them the same color as car. Eventually I'll switch my lights to 95 style.

·
Twin Power Pellets
9,372 Posts
I thought the 94 and 95's both used OBDII?

I also thought that only the first gens were able to use dataloggers?

are all my assumptions off?

·
Ultra Member
4,294 Posts
whitetiger7654 said:
I love the 94's but I'd say go with 95.

Due to:
I know that 94 you can't hook up a data logger to and 95 I think you can.

And the #1 reason in 94 they have the plastic headlight covers that get crappy looking and in 95 they painted them the same color as car. Eventually I'll switch my lights to 95 style.
Hey Whitetiger,
Pls double check your info. The only item that the TMO Dataloggers can hook up to are Gen-1's and onlyup till 93. Basically OBD-I systems only. I think Pocketloggers are able to support OBD-II .... I believe it is work in progress kinda thing.

I got a 95. I say go w/ a 95 that way .. u got to worry bout less "unused" Active "systems (exhaust ... etc...)" to not use.

·
20 yr owner
1,867 Posts
The only real difference is the rims

94-17"5 spoke crome
95-18"6spoke crome

I personally think the 17" spyder rims are gorgeous.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts