Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a downpipe for a 93 ES N/A. I've looked all over the net for days and all I can find are ones for the TT stealth and VR4. Will these work for a N/A also? Or does anyone know where I can get one?

·
reason for tickets.......
1,039 Posts
Been wondering the same thing.........

·
Vroooooooooom!
293 Posts
mph unlimited has one for california spec n/a's and I believe they are making one for the rest of 3si n/a's. try a search on the forum, there is a thread about that. If that doeasn't work you can get one custom made.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did anyone ever get one

I did a search and came across a group buy for the N/A downpipe, did anyone ever get one, did they work? I would really like to get one soon!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Group buy?

I'mgoing to talk to the guy who owns the custom shop that did my cat-back. I'm going to see if he can fabricate some downpipes. I'll see what I can do...what would be a good price?

·
Registered
497 Posts
cheap and cheaper :D

·
3/S Addict
1,561 Posts
Ask him to see if he can fabricate them for $40 plus shipping. He should aggree to that, its a nice midrange price for a fabricated one.

·
Registered
856 Posts
$40 doesn't seem like much. It depends on the parts + the labor required. If i can get a high flowing down pipe for less than $100 shipped, i'm definatly in :)

.jon

·
Registered
497 Posts
me too, but start out at asking like $40

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll know on monday.....

I talked to the guy who owns the shop, he told me to stop in on Monday morning so he can get a good look at the pipe and give me an estimate on what they would cost. Now my question is, what size do we want? What gauge? Stainless? Aluminium? I really know very little about exhaust materials and If I'm going to get the ball rolling on this I want to make sure that everyone is happy with the product. Any feedback would be helpful.

Paul

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
roo1524 said:
what does it mean to fabricate it and the down pipe replaces the headers or what i dont know please help
Fabricate means to create or to develope. Since we cant fit Headers on our cars we have a downpipe instead.;)

Or at least I think it is that way.

·
Badassical Baddage
6,535 Posts
You'd want something like Aluminized steel at a minimum, Stailess steel would be great. Aluminum probably isn't the best idea.

If you can get something that is 2.5" made of Stainless or Aluminized steel with Mandrel bending, that'd be awsome. I doub the Mandrel bending part, it'd probably be kind of expensive then. As little bends as possible is what you want...

Good luck and I'll buy one for my NA if you can get a good price!

heck the other guy wanted $400 for his!! that is more than a lot of the TT downpipes! Get something in the $100 range and it'd be a REAL good seller...

·
Registered
725 Posts
what exactly does the downpipe replace and is it emissions legal. How much horsepower do you expect to gain?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Downpipe is.......

The downpipe is the exhaust pipe that goes from the manifolds down to the cat, by increasing the diameter and forming a Y instead of the F like the stock one you get better exhaust flow. Especially if you already have a cat-back system installed. There was an old thread where someone was making one for like 400$ I'm going to try to get them made for us for 100$ or less. The old thread claimed to have increases of 25 horse and 25 ft/lbs of torque. I really have no clue what the actual gains would be but we should see something due to the better exhaust flow.

I'll be speaking to the guy on Monday and I'd like to get a tentative list of people who would be intrested so that I can take it to him and show him how much he could benefit from making these for us N/A drivers. This place is a small custom exhaust shop here in Youngstown, Ohio and he did a really good job on fabricating my cat-back system. They bent the pipe themselves and I got it for $180 installed with a VORTEX muffler. Not the best muffler in the world but they used 3" from the cat back and did a really good job with it. so If we could get a list going of people who would definately buy one it would really help. If anyone has any questions you can e-mail me at [email protected].

Paul

·
Registered
497 Posts
1. ugosplat

·
Registered
725 Posts
Well, 25 hp may be pushing it a little but if you can get it for under $100 I would definately be willing to buy one

1 - 20 of 38 Posts