Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for high rev valve springs and titanium retainers as I am getting the heads done very soon... can anyone tell me where to find these cheaply as possible? Also how big of an advantage is this and is it worth the trouble to bump the redline up to 8000 or 8500? this will be with my new big turbos so that should help the top end.

·
Registered
211 Posts
hey brainfood.....

Looks like we both have the some thing going on here! I as well have been looking to put the high rev kit into my car. Soo i will continue the search and keep you posted.

·
No surrender!
2,270 Posts
Brainfood, I don't know about the valve springs etc. But I was wondering since your doing your heads, cams & possibly your rods/pistons. Are you planning to get the fuel system also or will you still wait a while & run low boost?
I'm sort of interested to see if you can do the 13's with the headwork on 6psi.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
gtpro can get them from pitroad M. with the solid lifter you will be able to rev to 9000rpm easy....

·
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea the gtpro kit is very expensive... they are doing all my head work this is the only thing I am getting elsewhere... I can save at least $100 if I get the kit from DR was hoping there was a cheaper place though...

Looks like we both have the some thing going on here! I as well have been looking to put the high rev kit into my car. Soo i will continue the search and keep you posted.
Yea I was thinking that too :D let me know.....
Brainfood, I don't know about the valve springs etc. But I was wondering since your doing your heads, cams & possibly your rods/pistons. Are you planning to get the fuel system also or will you still wait a while & run low boost?
I should have the fuel mods depending on how much I have left over... if I keep adding stuff I wont :D but I have $8k so since I am doing the work myself I should have the fuel mods.... the 8k doesnt include paychecks so it shouldnt be a problem but I keep getting crazier and crazier!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts