Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
King of the castle
868 Posts
I did not vote. The locations would be far for most members. Get more locations listed and it might help.
Also IMO the money part will turn away just about everybody.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
ggmel333 please tell me your kidding. your under 3 hours from indi, under 4 hours from pittsburgh. Pittsburgh is the closest to me and its still 10 hours away. go once and you wont regret it.

the money is to show who is serious. you get refunded if your choice loses and a bonus toward registration if you win. its a no lose.

17,146 Posts
please tell me your kidding. your under 3 hours from indi, under 4 hours from pittsburgh. Pittsburgh is the closest to me and its still 10 hours away. go once and you wont regret it.

the money is to show who is serious. you get refunded if your choice loses and a bonus toward registration if you win. its a no lose.
Yeah, the point of the money is to keep people who simply won't attend no matter what they say from having a vote.

·
King of the castle
868 Posts
ggmel333 please tell me your kidding. your under 3 hours from indi, under 4 hours from pittsburgh. Pittsburgh is the closest to me and its still 10 hours away. go once and you wont regret it.

I don't have any issues with the locations, just thinking of other members. I have never been to a NG and i plan on attending next years. Just giving some thoughts

17,146 Posts
I don't have any issues with the locations, just thinking of other members. I have never been to a NG and i plan on attending next years. Just giving some thoughts
They've said they would consider more locations if some were suggested, do you have any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
14,048 Posts
The main reason those locations were chosen was because the NG took a hit as far as reserve funds go with the low attendance this year. As a result the committee doesn't have the funds to explore/research new venues/locations so it has to be something we've done before.

·
King of the castle
868 Posts
The main reason those locations were chosen was because the NG took a hit as far as reserve funds go with the low attendance this year. As a result the committee doesn't have the funds to explore/research new venues/locations so it has to be something we've done before.
Ok, makes perfect sense.

·
King of the castle
868 Posts
They've said they would consider more locations if some were suggested, do you have any suggestions?
I wish I did have a place to suggest but I don't. When I was living on the west coast I always hoped the NG would be a little bit closer.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Update on the voting

As of 4pm EDT on 7/7/15:

Indy - 36
Michigan - 5
Pittsburgh - 21

Even if you dont care where its held and plan to attend, just place your votes and get the bonus toward your registration

·
3SWiki.org
9,720 Posts

·
Awesome avatar eh?
464 Posts
If you're planning on going, just vote now. The number of people voting is just as important, if not more important, than the number of total votes. This is an indication of attendees rather than just where people want it to be.

Voting is cheap, and you get an extra 10% of buying power toward your registration. If money is tight right now, just vote once, it helps.

If anything, it's one less expense to cover in the months leading up to the event.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update on voting:

18 people have voted. Indy is still ahead with 42 votes, but Pittsburgh is getting closer with 35. Michigan is now up to 11 votes.

Voting remains open through the end of the month.

·
2,243 Posts
Hello all. I don't have a dog in the race and won't be showing up but we went to Ocean City several times with 3SI and had a great time there. Hope everyone in the 3SI community is doing well.

·
<3's lapping days
3,275 Posts
Sadly VR-4Madness, the people its too far away from wouldnt show up to it if it were closer.

Im the only person from the west coast who has attended the last 4 NG's. I dont think anyone west of Nebraska has attended in the last 4 years, honestly. A few guys from Texas here and there and one guy from Florida and that is the farthest anyone seems to travel for NG.

They need to make it ~500 miles from the attending population or they will have less attendance.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts