Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize titanium is expensive, but I was wondering how much making a titanium exhaust really costs. There's no place in the states I can find that manufactures them, not to mention for our cars... So where do the shops overseas get the piping? Is it even available over here? I like the 10Lb weight of the PitroadM exhaust but a 1400 dollar price tag is slightly cost prohibitive...

Are any different methods required when bending or welding titanium?

Any hook ups on Ti mufflers?

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The biggest I see that they go to is 2 inches... Anyone know where you can get this in 3" ID?

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TTT Thanks hanz, found lots of great info on Ti and welding it and shaping it, and got some sick twisted and insanely expensive ideas... But couldn't manage to find a hard and fast rough estimate on the cost of 3" Ti piping if it was purchased in say.... 10-20 foot sections...

Oh and TTT

·
Registered
752 Posts
What wall thickness would you want? Are you looking for 1 piece or 10 this will probably come in random length sections.
Let me know and I'll get a price for you.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sifu Shawn said:
What wall thickness would you want? Are you looking for 1 piece or 10 this will probably come in random length sections.
Let me know and I'll get a price for you.
I'm not sure what thickness I want. I'm not farmilliar enough with Ti properties.... Thick enough to make an exhaust out of. And I'm considering talking to a shop around here and seeing if they can weld Ti and do it well... If so I might talk to them about getting a run of 20 or so units made and have a group buy on Ti exhausts...
How much would you be looking at per foot? The prices I'm seeing so far ar from 35-45 a foot for 3" ID piping.

As for the muffler. I couldn't find a Ti one on borlas web page. What's it called?

·
Banned
417 Posts
Hey Mike,

Here you go-

Borla Titanium-

2 1/2" in and oulet, case size, 14", dia. 4 1/2" Part# 40131 List $489.99

3" in and out, case 14", 4 1/2" dia, part# 40132 list $489.99

3 1/2" in and out, case 14", 4 1/2" dia, part# 40133 list $489.99

They only weigh 2.2 lbs each

I have 2 of these on one of my cars. Not the VR4 tho.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.