Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I've figured out my no spark condition, blown cap in the ECM. The normal one that goes (47 uf), not much damage though should be an easy fix. The local electronics store doesn't have 'military spec' as is required, so where is the best place to get these??

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Part number

Did you get the high/low temp ones, or just standard? Don't happen to have the part # handy, do you?

·
Poor MuD/PHuD student :D
258 Posts

·
723 Posts
As an alternative - I got mine replaced at a local Radio Shack, they had the caps in their shop. I just gave them the board and the correct numbers for the caps (found on 3si)...
This is a no-brainer soldering job, so if you have a soldering iron I'd suggest doing it myself & ordering the caps from someone....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info, I think I'll get them from MMMGT above, help him through college I guess haha.

BTW I think I was lucky, not much damage, a little bit of leakage around the 47 cap. It has a small bubble in it which tipped me off. I was a little worried that it might have taken out the (green) voltage reg beside it, but I'll just change the Caps and see if it starts. If not I'll be searching down the voltage reg I guess, I can't seem to make sense of the part # on it (it says 'B1335A' with 'E 107' below it).

·
Poor MuD/PHuD student :D
258 Posts
still got about 90 sets left!! hahah!

Paul, thanks for taking a set off my hands.

If anyone else would like a set, please let me know. I have a ton sitting here, just waiting to get home to your ECU.

Regarding helping me through college - I appreciate it. I'm almost done, but now the real school expenses start (med school!!!!!) So, I wouldn't mind a patron, if anybody with money burning a hole in their pocket is listening.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts