Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I think my synchros are going in the 92TT -- shifts from 1 to 2 are especially rough. I've heard that I should try redline tranny oil for smoother shifts. Where do I find it?

I went to Pep Boys, Auto Zone, and Lee Auto Parts today -- no luck!!

Can anyone fill me in?

·
Dare to be Stupid
2,739 Posts
3sx also carrys it. Or you might try GM Synchromesh, myself & many others have had alot of luck with it. Also heard good stuff about BG synchroshift, one of the guys around here swears by it.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Stealth 316 has the info, of course: http://www.stealth316.com/2-awddrainfill.htm
I have purchased Red Line lubricants online at http://www.myoilshop.com/
(Performance Products and Supply, Red Line Synthetic Oil Wholesalers/Retailers, 345 Freeport Rd., Pittsburgh, PA 15215, 412-487-5004). Use the dealer code
675421 to recieve a 10% "club" discount off the listed price of $7.00 per quart. Shipping (FedEx Ground, PA to CO) was only $8.36 for 12 quarts.

·
Grandpa
3,636 Posts
I see your in chicago area. IF you don't mind paying a HUGE markup, you can try CarBoutique. They should have it, but they are always overpriced on everything.

Syncromesh is pretty good stuff, and is available at most GM/chevy dealers.

·
Grandpa
3,636 Posts
I liked the Synchromesh better as well, for the short time it was in my trans. It would still be in there, if it didn't all leak out:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Eviltwin -- I'm in Northbrook, very close to you I think. Does Car Boutique on Milwaukee and Dundee in Wheeling have it?

If you suggest GM Synchromesh, where can I find that?

·
Grandpa
3,636 Posts
They should have it over there, that's if they have it in stock. Like I said, they are a bit crazy in prices and such, they cator more towards the honda crowd.

Syncrhomesh...Most GM dealers should have it. I picked some up in Libertyville, at the Chevy dealer there. I'm pretty sure theres a GM dealer closer to you. Just give the parts department a call and ask for it. They should know what you are needing.

It runs between 9-11/qt around here. If you find it cheaper, let me know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts