Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I think my synchros are going in the 92TT -- shifts from 1 to 2 are especially rough. I've heard that I should try redline tranny oil for smoother shifts. Where do I find it?

I went to Pep Boys, Auto Zone, and Lee Auto Parts today -- no luck!!

Can anyone fill me in?

·
Dare to be Stupid
2,739 Posts
3sx also carrys it. Or you might try GM Synchromesh, myself & many others have had alot of luck with it. Also heard good stuff about BG synchroshift, one of the guys around here swears by it.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Stealth 316 has the info, of course: http://www.stealth316.com/2-awddrainfill.htm
I have purchased Red Line lubricants online at http://www.myoilshop.com/
(Performance Products and Supply, Red Line Synthetic Oil Wholesalers/Retailers, 345 Freeport Rd., Pittsburgh, PA 15215, 412-487-5004). Use the dealer code
675421 to recieve a 10% "club" discount off the listed price of $7.00 per quart. Shipping (FedEx Ground, PA to CO) was only $8.36 for 12 quarts.

·
Grandpa
3,636 Posts
I see your in chicago area. IF you don't mind paying a HUGE markup, you can try CarBoutique. They should have it, but they are always overpriced on everything.

Syncromesh is pretty good stuff, and is available at most GM/chevy dealers.

·
IDIC
4,390 Posts
I'm afraid I'm going to have to toss my support in the direction of GM Syncromesh..I put redline tranny fluid in my transmission and it got worse..it doesn't shift smoothly at all :(.

·
Grandpa
3,636 Posts
I liked the Synchromesh better as well, for the short time it was in my trans. It would still be in there, if it didn't all leak out:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Eviltwin -- I'm in Northbrook, very close to you I think. Does Car Boutique on Milwaukee and Dundee in Wheeling have it?

If you suggest GM Synchromesh, where can I find that?

·
Grandpa
3,636 Posts
They should have it over there, that's if they have it in stock. Like I said, they are a bit crazy in prices and such, they cator more towards the honda crowd.

Syncrhomesh...Most GM dealers should have it. I picked some up in Libertyville, at the Chevy dealer there. I'm pretty sure theres a GM dealer closer to you. Just give the parts department a call and ask for it. They should know what you are needing.

It runs between 9-11/qt around here. If you find it cheaper, let me know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.