Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Where to buy BG Synchroshift??

268 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  BLACK94TT 
#1 ·
as stated. thanx

and what type of tranny fluids specifically should i buy for a FWD??

#2 · (Edited)
You might be able to mail order it through one of the 3S or DSM performance shops. I called the BG rep and had them order it for me to buy at the local shop, since the local Acura dealer wanted twice list price. A couple of years ago, I called BG and tried to hook-up the 3SI Club, but no dice, BG will only sell to professional service shops.

By the way, the BG rep told me the correct oil for the 3Si trans is Ultraguard , not the Syncroshift product. Ultraguard is a replacement for hypoid gear lube meant for high pressure applications. Syncroshift is a replacement for those trannies that spec engine oil for lube such as some Hondas. They usually have straight cut gears that don't require high pressure lube.

I'm pretty satisfied with the Ultraguard, which made shifting much smoother. Far superior to Mobil 1 gear lube , which was a decrease in performance over stock and wouldn't shift below 50 deg F.

Perry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.