Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How far should you have to back the clutch pedal out for it too engage? Mines really far out on the end, it only comes back about another inch after it grabs ... Is this about right?

·
Registered
920 Posts
Well this is all case sensative i imagine. Stock clutching, on a new clutch will engage about midway to almost 3/4 of the way up. That is how both of mine have done it, but it is adjustable. I would say if it starts getting higher, than your clutch needs to be replaced soon. Or if you start slipping ;)

·
I'm Back
1,839 Posts
life

depends on power output of your car, but i would think at least 30k miles with varying driving conditions on a stock car

·
?Mark
16,794 Posts
slippin

What r some of the general signs of a slipping clutch?

·
is dominating the race!
7,527 Posts
depends on power output of your car, but i would think at least 30k miles with varying driving conditions on a stock car
a clutch should last you over 100k miles if you know how to drive and arent abusing it

·
I'm Back
1,839 Posts
yeah...

thats why i said various driving conditions, granted that if you own one of these cars, you are more than likely to try some silly shit once in awhile.

slipping clutch: you can feel it and hear it. the rpms go up but the car doesnt move forward as it should...like you could be in first gear at 6000 rpm but only moving 5 mph if your clutch is still slipping. and you can smell it when it does slip...smells like ass. before i got my new clutch id accelerate in 3rd, 4th, or even 5th gear and the clutch would slip on the highway

chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.