Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where does everyone get their custom exhaust done? i took mine to a couple muffler mans shops around west michigan and they all said that the only thing they would do is wor from the rear axle back, because it was too crowded. so i had them do that, the main center pipe they said was 3 inches, i believed them, and had them cut the muffler off and make a dual three inch system from the diff going out to both sides. they did a really shitty job making the y where it splits. when i said something about it, they said that there was nothing they could do. that it was too crowded. at idle about 70-80% of the exhaust comes out the drivers side. and i am afraid that at higher rpm's that the y section will act like a syphon and suck air in the passanger side, defeating the whole purpose of the dual three inch pipes. the origional pic is from TroopsStealthTT, don't have a pic of mine so i tried to draw it in. i am really not happy with how they did it, i even printed this picture and gave them to copy and they couldn't do it right. if only pipe benders weren't $20,000.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts