Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Head of Society of Bob
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like eveyone and their dog has a wrecked car to part out now. Where are they all coming from? I'm looking for a TT to strip parts off of for a project, and I can't seem to find any close to me. Anyone have any ideas where to look?

<a href="http://www.3si.org/portal/forums/showthread.php?threadid=115859" target="new">Here's what i'm looking for</a>. Oh, and if you happen to have one, please do let me know. :)

·
Head of Society of Bob
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What are some good salvage sites? I've tried www.salvageauto.com, but they only have a few cars, most of them non-turbo.

·
Head of Society of Bob
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OH WOW! I'll try it tonight! :D:D And don't worry. The secret is safe with me. :p

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
wrecked TTs are hard to come by, and you are definately going to have a HELL of a time finding one with a good drivetrain for 1500$, try 3500-4000$

·
Head of Society of Bob
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Damn, really? I figured I could grab a wrecked and/or non-running 1st gen TT for about $1500. Maybe an interior fire, or otherwise trashed car.

Even if the drivetrain is missing something, I would still be interested, depending on what was missing.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts

·
Like a Rat out of Water
2,976 Posts
Bob The Great said:
Damn, really? I figured I could grab a wrecked and/or non-running 1st gen TT for about $1500. Maybe an interior fire, or otherwise trashed car.

Even if the drivetrain is missing something, I would still be interested, depending on what was missing.
I thought I could grab a non-running TT with an electrical fire for 1500 too and I found two with exactly that problem. One was 4000 and the other was 3500....oh well :mad:

-Bat

·
Puts Out On 1st Date !
6,397 Posts
I totalled my VR4 on 11-24. I am selling it to a board member for 2K as a parts car. If you can beat that price it is yours. It has a flawless shifting 5 spd with the 25 spline output shaft. the engine has 57k on it but the turbos need to be replaced. It doesn't have a transfer case. Let me know.

I am in DFW

Phil

·
Head of Society of Bob
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
redvr4 - that is an excellent price. I'll see what I can do, but I'm not sure I could beat that until after Christmas. When are you selling?

[edit]I just took a look at the damage <a href="http://www.texas3s.com/forum1/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=233", target="new">you posted</a> to your car, and think I'll have to pass. I don't really want to deal with getting new control arms, and stuff. Thanks for the offer though. [/edit]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts