Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys.......
After having my car apart for about 3 months, it is all finally coming back together. I have a problem though, there are two damn hoses that I cannot find where they go. One comes out of the passenger's side rear valve cover (under the plenum kinda). The other hose comes out from under some orange doohickey that sits directly under the throttle body. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
What year car?

I'm guessing the 1st one is part of the PCV system, and goes into the back side of the intake piece that connects to the MAS.

2nd hose, could that orange doohickey be the wastegate actuator? If so, it goes to an H-fitting somewhere in the area.

·
Registered
434 Posts
PCV = positive crankcase ventlitation (sp) It give your engine ventlitation through the valve covers.

As to your other question I have no clue.

Good luck though!!

·
It's like that
2,759 Posts
I don't remember an orange doohickey when I took my throttle body off for cleaning, but there was a coolant line attached to the throttle body (or something very close to it, I don't remember it was a while ago). The other end of that line went down and under towards the front of the car - it was larger than all the rest of the lines.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
>One comes out of the passenger's side rear valve cover

I may be wrong here, but I thought that the rear valve cover was hosed to the front one, and that it's the *front* one that - via the PCV valve - is connected to the throttle body.

·
That Others May Live
3,845 Posts
Front valve cover goes to the lower intake. Rear valve cover goes to the y-section on the intake right after the MAS. Jeff's site shows this pretty well on his Krank-Vent installation site.
http://stealth316.com/2-krankvents.htm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts