Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in the market for one of these.. and the only place ive found that has them is 3sx. and i hope they are cheaper somewhere else.
Im mainly interested in the one that says stealth, or twin turbo, perferably not the cut thru style.

thanks!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Try this link:
Dave Best
http://gofastgoodies.com/ (you can find this link from Stealth316.com) :D

I bought my 3000GT spark plug cover from Dave Best!

·
Registered
284 Posts
needavr4 said:
alright sweet. do you remember how much you paid for it? i sent him an email, he has a ton to choose from!!
USD65.00 + USD15.00(shipping charge) because Im outside US :cool:

·
Surf's Up!
2,322 Posts
That's one item I would never get...

Mitsu took the extra step on our cars to add plenty of wire looms so the the plug wires are routed quite nicely away from one another and any metal... Putting a metal spark plug cover kinda defeats that (although I know of no one that has complained about arcing to one yet).

That said, a carbon fiber one would be just fine for me.

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
13,310 Posts
PrimeUser said:
That's one item I would never get...

Mitsu took the extra step on our cars to add plenty of wire looms so the the plug wires are routed quite nicely away from one another and any metal... Putting a metal spark plug cover kinda defeats that (although I know of no one that has complained about arcing to one yet).

That said, a carbon fiber one would be just fine for me.
I'm sorry, but THAT's rediculous.
The wires are already surrounded by a METAL valve cover (and if I'm not mistaken, its made out of aluminum [same material as the plug cover]).

That being said, I also have a Dave Best cover, the first "Spyder VR4" he ever made.

I've had mine on for years with absolute NO issues.

Bob.

·
lover of everything Greek
2,159 Posts
ask Terry (maximal performance). i know he does powdercoating for valve covers and plenums.

·
Oh SNAP!!!
6,115 Posts
SpyderGirl said:
3sx is the way to go sugar
i agree...great product...that is where i will prob get mine when i get it orderd

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
Bob, "OhioSpyderman" got the 1st Spyder VR 4 polished sparkplug wire cover made by Dave Best and I got the last one that Dave Best made before he quit polishing. His work was fantastic, sorry he quit but he said he had to spend more time with his family.

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
13,310 Posts
Latchum`s Ride said:
Bob, "OhioSpyderman" got the 1st Spyder VR 4 polished sparkplug wire cover made by Dave Best and I got the last one that Dave Best made before he quit polishing. His work was fantastic, sorry he quit but he said he had to spend more time with his family.
Very true.

Just thought I'd mention that Dave was great to be around as well. First met him at the DSM Shootout back in 01 (I think). Last time I saw him was at the first NG in Indiana :(

Miss ya Dave!!!

Bob.

·
Banned
3,562 Posts
His site doesn't appear to be up anymore. I refuse to pay $90 for second rate work IMO. I have his plate on my car, plus powdercoated lettering, and it looks awesome. I was going to buy a plate for a friend as a gift, but if I can't get one of his, then I won't get it at all.

·
300,000 MILE CLUB!
137 Posts
i created one in AutoCAD, then had it cut on the laser cutter at work...

ill post pics when i put it on.

·
freedom
289 Posts
a member on gtouk makes them with any name and font you need :D

laser cut then polished or flat alloy look.his name is dann(elenor on the forum)
heres my one i got off him :cool:

scott

1 - 20 of 27 Posts