Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
pseudo individualism
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know a place that will warranty a VR4? I have yet to find any.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
car insurance........the dearlship

i am not sure

·
Registered
94 Posts
warranty

I purchased a warranty from the dealer where the car had been serviced, but it was an inclusive warranty (tells you what it will cover) It was underwritten by Western General Insurance of California. The dealer has since called me and said they made a mistake and the company will only warranty the car for 3yrs and 36,000 miles not the 4yrs. 48,000 miles I originally signed up for. So I am not happy with that. In the meantime a Mitsubishi dealer in Sacramento CA says they will sell me a Mitsubishi warranty (exclusive tells you what it will not cover, sometimes called a bumper to bumper warranty) the kind I want for 3 years or 36,000 miles for $1630. I am going to go down Saturday to get it. I hope it works out. The car is 95 vr4 spyder with 21,000 miles on it pristine condition.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Mitsubishi Motors Warranty on vr4

Fianlly got to the dealer, they sold me a comprehensive warranty (covers everthing except a list like belts, hoses, tires, brakes etc.) Mitsubishi for 3 years or 36k miles 1635 plus 100 to get deductible from 100 to 50. The Mitsubishi form says the most miles that can be on the car when you buy the warranty is 60k to get the 3yr; 75k to get a 2yr 24k; and 100k to get a 1yr 12k warranty. Things the guy told me (I always take things they say with a block of salt, Once a salesman told my wife and daughter that the hardtop on a Miata would fit in the trunk, both of them knew better) 1. Mitsubishi won't let him sell the warranty if he can sell an aftermarket warranty but he did not have one that would cover the vr4. 2. he was supposed to have the vehicle checked out but he waived that since mine only has 21116 on the odometer today so he felt confident that everything was o.k. Other things, The warranty requres you to do the recommended services and keep the receipts and requres "you must have your vehicle serviced in the following manner every 6 months or 7,000 miles whichever comes first: Change oil and filter; check and maintain trans. fluid level, drive axle fluid level and coolant level and lubricate front suspension. and follow other special manufacturer services. (sorry for the long post) Doug

·
Registered
94 Posts
They sold it to me

I did not buy the car from them I bought it from a private party about three weeks ago, but I talked to this dealer (and others) before I bought it and he was willing to sell it to me so I have a written contract, the cotract form says the date of application and the mileage stated on the form is when it starts. He was supposed to inspect the car but he waived doing that, So if my engine or turbos or abs go in the next three years it's only $50 cost to me:) :) :)

·
Arizona Cardinals
857 Posts
My car is approaching the end of its warranty which I purchased from a Dodge dealership.

4 yr / 48000 mile and I think I paid about $1300 for it.

My 94 still has about 4 months/15000 miles of warranty left.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.