Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get the lettering for the back of my stealth, the dodge and stealth r/t pieces must have been removed by the dealer when they did the convertible top. I don't know why else they would be missing.

Anyone have suggestions on shops or dealers that might have these?

·
Large Member
6,164 Posts
I think you need to show us this one, man...

Get us some pics, please!

-LDG
93 Stealth ES

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Black??? huh??? I guess you could paint them... and the only TT logos are the ones on the doors... I have those removed too... except I tore a W and an R (I think...) not that you couldn't put those on and be careful and they wouldn't look right...

well... uhh.... guess I need to know if I am going to do that... guess I need to make a decision... lemme think a while... (not like weeks or anything... I just gotta research something...)

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Hey what color is your car??? I was thinking of removing mine.... I have already removed the Twin Turbo off the sides... why not let everyone think I am just a base???

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine is red. Although the black would probably look good, too (my soft top is black), hadn't thought of that before. Is there any turbo sort of logos connected to the R/T? mine's not TT. Let me know, I'd definitely be interested.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where in the world did you find a soft top Stealth????

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright, I actually just got the car a week ago, and I haven't gotten the pictures developed yet. I'll try to get them up in the next few days, though.

Just pure luck that I found the car, I had been checking out stealths for weeks, and then this one just fell in my lap.

Sam

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It may be possible your rear bumper was replaced after a rearend accident.I have replaced my rear bumper TWICE because stupid drivers don't see my bright RED R/T.The lettering dosen't come on the bumper,have to get them sepprately,from Dodge dealership.

I never put lettering back on.Its fun watching people walk circles around my car trying to figure out what kinda car it is.

matt56
3si#0413

·
Registered
653 Posts
I'm sure any Dodge dealer should be able to get them for you. My car is black and you can BARELY read the black on black "Stealth" and "Twin Turbo" badges.

I was thinking of ordering a set and painting them a contrasting color like bright silver or even finding a plating shop to chrome plate them (to match the extra set of wheels I'm going to polish to a chrome-like finish over the winter).

I guess I have the opposite mentality of TwinTurboRT - I don't want people to confuse my car with a base model (as if the rumbling 4" ATR tips wouldn't be enough of a hint lol).

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Definitely, TTRT.

Let me know if you want an address or something, I'd be willing to pay an appropriate fee for them. I actually never got a confirmation from you on the color, but I'll take them red or black. And I don't really need the TT logos, I'm not gonna try to claim that and then get smoked. Do you think just a simple adhesive will keep them on well?

Sam
93DTRT

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
What the heck are you guys all talking about???

I have an R/T, and the lettering is raised molding, part of the plastic (?) body panels, both front and rear, and not seperate add-on letters of any kind.

Doe some models have lettering that is separate and the you glue on or screw on?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Andrew,

I thought it was molded into the bumper at first too, but if you look closely you'll see that the badges stick on with an adhesive backing.

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
He's RIGHT! They can be removed with a flat razor and all you do its get under the edge and then slowly pull... careful not to strech it, nor to twist else it will break...
DropTop... I am removing them this weekend... still want them??

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Green. Dark Green. I don't know if that is painted on, but I doubt it... I don't need them and I would just ask you to pay shipping, not like that is gonna be anything much. If you wanna try to paint them or anything I think it should work. As far as keeping them on??? hmmm... probably I would get some Meguires paint cleaner, clean the piss out of the paint, then use some 3M vinyl top adhesive or something like that, perhaps Dodge will tell you what to use... good luck and if you want them still then email me...

[email protected]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts