Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some matching paint to fill in previous owners' dinks & scratches. Also I figured I'd paint my plastic wheel hub covers to match (I hate them black, they look like dog noses)until I get enough scratch for new wheels. Do I really have to go to Dodge/Mitsu with my hat in my hand (or is it pants around the ankles?) to find matching paint? Any Ideas? I'd really appreciate it..

92 Stealth R/T
Metallic Sandstorm (Pepboy's guide didn't even list it)

·
Premium Member
4,769 Posts
A bottle of touchup paint is only about $6 or $7 from the dealer. It's a small bottle, but it's factory colors. I always keep one on hand for covering rock dings in the hood.

EricB

C

·
0 Posts
I tried to buy some touch up paint last week from a Dodge dealer here in St Louis. They tell me they no longer make touch up for the 91 and 92 models. They suggested having it mixed at an auto paint store. That would cost about $15.00 for a small can.

·
Large Member
6,164 Posts
Thats actually an interesting topic..

When I got a scratch on my door from someone else's door, I went to the dealer to get paint. My car is silver, and I've only seen two others with the same color...

When I went to the Dodge dealer to get touch-up paint, they said that it's production had been stopped years ago, and that Dodge no longer had it in stock.. They had to get it shipped from some other dealer across the country..

The damn paint was so old, it had gotten thick and pasty.. Rather then have my cars new scratch get rusty, I tried it anyways.. The color is different since the paint was so old...

I thought that manufacturers had to keep making parts for like 10 years after the production date??

-LDG
93 Stealth ES

1 - 4 of 4 Posts