1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And are they difficult to install?

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
GTPro has them in stock... check with them... they r a bitch to install... dont remember the details.. but i think u have to drop the rear end...

edit: oppsss.. u have a NA... i dunno ur installation process... :D

·
Aghhhh
9,731 Posts
You should be able to install it pretty easy. Everything in the back of the FWD models is pretty open. It SHOULD just be a matter of pulling the two retainer bushings and the end links.

Let us know if you get one. I'm considering this for myself as well.

·
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been doing some studying on suspension and anty-sway bars and strut bars etc and I think I want to go with the rear anti-sway bar for performance gains. I'll talk to Brian (GT-Pro) and let you guys know.
Thanks!!!

·
Badassical Baddage
6,535 Posts
Hans can also get them..

ADDCO makes them...the front bar on our NA cars is already decent. I'd go with a front strut tower bar as well. I noticed a HUGE difference on my NA...you can get one of those from a couple member son the board...

·
Proud Owner
1,651 Posts
You can get the Addco rear sway bar from shox.com. They have very competitive prices on many suspension parts for our cars.
I as well have also been told that it's not worth changing the front sway bar because the Addco bar is not much thicker than stock.

·
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't think that we could fit a front strut tower bar under out hoods?!?!?!

·
Badassical Baddage
6,535 Posts
You have been away a while haven't you? :D

A couple of board members recently started making them. iw as one of the first to purchase and it made a huge difference on my NA...Fits perfectly too!

There are a few threads in the "Parts for Sale" section...

$150 takes one :)

·
Proud Owner
1,651 Posts
I think the guy selling them is NapoleonSL

·
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, I have been away for awhile. Are these strut bars well built?

·
Registered
467 Posts
My sway bar project is up and running finally- For TT cars, though,sorry. I'll be building rear strut tower braces soon,too.
Shooting for mid Dec. to get my own set done.

I don't have access to N/A sway bars.If I did I could probably bend those too.....

·
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Aren't the sway bars the same for the TT's and the N/A's?

And are they the same for the front of the car and the back of the car?

GT-Pro is asking $250 for it, but I found it for $129.

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
So for a FWD car which one do you want?

A front bar or rear bar?

-Jeff

·
HIGHRISK
501 Posts
Heh, what happens if you put one on the front and back? And what are the advantages of putting on on the front vs the back...or vise-versa?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Putting on swaybars basically has the effect of increasing grip on the opposite end of the car. So, if you put a front sway bar on, your rear end usually will have better roadholding. So, in a front wheel drive car, you want a BIG ASS rear sway bar. FWD cars understeer, meaning the front tires give out first, so you need to increase front tire grip, hence the rear sway bar. Too big a rear sway bar can be dangerous, cuz the car will have a tendency towards lift throttle oversteer, and your chances of spinning out are a lot higher.

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
I heard you want a little bit of roll because with no roll your car sorta scoots across which means you lose time.

-Jeff

·
HIGHRISK
501 Posts
Aiight, if all these Hondas and stuff are FWD, then why da hell do they all have these big ass front strut bars under the hood, if it just improves the handling on the opposite side of the car. Must be the rice-effect.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts