Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for aftermarket rims for my 1995 3kgt SL; i have been told so many different offsets that I really dont know what im looking for. Is there anyone out there that has gotten aftermarket rims and if so what offset did you get that would clear the calipers?

·
Dope-stoopid yo!
3,606 Posts
I had 18x9 wheels with a 36mm offset, the front required a small spacer to clear the struts, not the calipers. I currently have 18x8.5 with an offset of 45mm, no problems. To be sure, the shops will tell you what fits your car. The guy said that the 18x9s didn't show to fit my car, but the 18x8s did. I told him that I had the have the niners. He then told me that I might have to get some spacers, which I did. He even provided me with some along with locks and lug nuts, free. That's from www.victoriatire.com .

My second set was from www.superbuytires.com , also another good shop with excellent service and free locks and lug nuts. Both shops lower their prices even more if you call them and ask for their best deal.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you have to use spacers on both sets of rims? If so, have you had any problems with them? I was looking for Motegi MR7 in an 18in and was curious if they would fit? Im not sure about the offset yet though.

·
Dope-stoopid yo!
3,606 Posts
No, just the first set with the 35mm offset. But I just had to put them in the front. They were only 1/8" spacers. Call the place where they're selling them and ask, they will do that part for you. You just have to choose which ones you want. I hope you're going through the net instead of locally. I saved $1500 through the net for this last set of wheels, no taxes either. $80 to ship from Cali to TX.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I'm kinda looking at some used one from a friend that had them on a talon. I havent seen them yet going to look at them tomorrow night to see if they fit. Could I get spacers from somewhere local?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts