Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everytime i drive very slowly, my rear wheels seem to squeal.
squeal from brakes i understand, some cheap pads or pads running out but w/o brake pad problem or w/o brake stepped, still makes this tiny squealing noise. someone commented on bearings..
maybe ideas or help ???
Thx for all reply's

·
Registered
531 Posts
Worn out brakes will squeal even if they aren't engaged. Cheap ones might have worn down fasater than you expected, and are now squeaking telling you it's time for some new pads.

Good luck if that's not the case, I don't know much about bearings, but that sounds like a handful.

·
Registered
354 Posts
In my case it's only the rear Drivers side, and there is PLENTY of pad left. I don't know WTF is going on back there, but it is very embarrasing and makes me avoid driving my car unless i have to.

And it's not ALL the time eather. and it COMPLETLY dissapears when i touch the breaks. could I just oil up the caliper somewhere??? (I know not on the pads or rotors).

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tell me about it, it sounds like a beaten up car.
Yes, very imbarrassing when your car sounds like that.
Thing that ticks u off is that its not constant, noise comes and goes.

3Kluv thx for tip
i was considering to change the pad to OEM.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I still say have someone check that rear brake. Esp. since you say it completely disappears with the application of the brake. Just go to Midas or something and ask for some advice.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well, It did get better after i changed the cheap front pads but I still get the noise from the rear..
maybe its the rear brake pads also..
It squeel's a bit still.. but ill check again after rear pads have been changed..
It doesnt matter if your pads are still new... if its cheap, it'll squeel..

·
USMC
5,882 Posts
Beekay and 1121

My problem isn't the squealing, but the ticking.

Everytime I brake, the ticks dies out. I let go the brake, the noise comes back. The faster I go , the faster it ticks.

What is this about the "bearing"?

It is happening on the driver's side rear side. The pad has 80% life left.

When this happened to my front driver's side, it started to tick, then squeal. It seemed that my pads were completely grinding the rotor:eek:

Trung

Please explain the "bearing" and why it ticks.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Well I solved this so I'll post my solution.

It was the dust shield. It was bent and hitting the rotor, Bent that bitch back - - No more Squeal!.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
go to your local auto shop and pick up anti squeel shims fro the back of your pads that should clear it all up

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.