Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
If he has ABS. None of my FWDs did....
[/QUOTE]
Looking at his picture i don't think he has abs as i dont see the ring so maybe ..... if he can get clearance from the bottom but his dust guard is in the way

·
Registered
30 Posts
No man, its totally ok. I kinda assumed that all of our cars had abs cause its so normal in most cars to have it. I forget that ours cars are so old some times

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hows the project going?
I havent even attempted to try anything yet hahaha, been tired from work. Ill be attempting to pop the lugs out first after i make it home this evening. I do not have ABS on mine, 5 speed manual transmission. I forgot to mention that before.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
After giving the hub a good look over, thanks to the guard I doubt I would be able to hammer out the old lug bolts and get the new ones in. Even more so for attempting to get the whole hub.

·
Registered
93 NA ATX 3000gt DOHC
2,481 Posts
After giving the hub a good look over, thanks to the guard I doubt I would be able to hammer out the old lug bolts and get the new ones in. Even more so for attempting to get the whole hub.
If you have enough room in any location to get a full length stud out, putting them back in is no problem. To install new ones you simply slide them in hole where you have room to do so, then use a spaced and lug nut to pull the splined area of lug into hub until head hits back of flange.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
If you have enough room in any location to get a full length stud out, putting them back in is no problem. To install new ones you simply slide them in hole where you have room to do so, then use a spaced and lug nut to pull the splined area of lug into hub until head hits back of flange.
I looked at different spots and did find a likely spot that would have worked, but due to it being 25 years old and most likely never being taken apart after factory assembly i wasnt able to get it out with a hammer.

·
Super Moderator
7,141 Posts
Where did you get the knuckles from? Any idea if they'll just fit in without changing everything else with it?

I got them from Hans / Ground Zero Performance in Pennsylvnia. I used vr4 knuckles, new bolt on wheel bearings, twin turbo calipers and new tt pads and rotors. Was a good upgrade swap in my opinion, definitely makes a difference in feel and they of course look better

·
Registered
30 Posts
I got them from Hans / Ground Zero Performance in Pennsylvnia. I used vr4 knuckles, new bolt on wheel bearings, twin turbo calipers and new tt pads and rotors. Was a good upgrade swap in my opinion, definitely makes a difference in feel and they of course look better
How much that run you? That is if you remember. Been looking at some mods and upgrades for my sl

·
Super Moderator
7,141 Posts
How much that run you? That is if you remember. Been looking at some mods and upgrades for my sl
I don't particularly remember. I think I paid somewhere around $150-200 for the calipers and knuckles from GZP. Rotors, pads and bearings were all from Rock Auto.

If you're looking for a brake upgrade and are not interested in doing the hubs I have a Willwood setup for NA I'll be posting for sale very very shortly.

Matt

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Should be finished with my project by this upcoming Friday, found somewhere to press the hub for me, so it has new studs and a new bearing in it. I'm about to deal with the ball joint in the control arm and then tomorrow take care of the inner tie rod and tie rod end.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts