Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered the entire hub assembly for the front passenger wheel hub. I was wondering what tools I need to replace the hub?

·
You break em, we fix em
1,266 Posts
Regular tools are all you need...maybe.

The CV shaft can be a real bummer to get loos if you are unlucky and its stuck in there. The hub can also be a bummer to get loose. here's my tip of the day - pound all the studs out that hold the hub to the spindle. Then wack it with a huge hammer to rotate it so one of the mounting ears sticks out from the spindle so you can pound on that to pound it off. Hope that makes sense.

·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TTT

D

·
0 Posts
Don't be dainty

With the brake still on,(after the abs shit is out), insert a screwdriver thru the casting into the disc. This prevents the wheel from turning when you break free the wheel nut (32mm i think). When it's loose, and the nut is still on the driveaxle thread, whack it with a soft face hammer to loosen.
Once that's loose, remove the brake then the rotor, then take out the bolts which secure the bearing flange to the knuckle. then get out a real sharp chisel and drive it in to split the bearing flange from the knuckle flange. Once you can get a screwdriver in, pry it from both sides and it will come off the spline and the mounting flange.
installation is straight forward once you get the bugger off.
hope this helps,
Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts