Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So me and my mechanic friend went to replace my axles and bearings on my car the other day... '95 3KGT SL

Full disclosure he has more experience with European cars than these cars.

Anyways, we initially got the wheel hub assembly and axles off rock auto. The axles went in fine but when trying to get the wheel hub assembly on it didn't fit the teeth pattern of the axles yet the old hub assembly did.

So, okay, no problem, I've heard that you need to press the bearings on the FWD instead of replacing the whole assembly. So we went to go get a bearing and the bearings that are available are all larger than they should be.

So now I'm stumped. The bearing that can be purchased all ring in at about 3" in diameter (rough estimate from non calibrated calipers) and the ones on my car ring in at about 2.875". They show koyo df2044k on them and searching those in any database shows the 3" ones which were clearly large for what I was looking at

Additional information would be that the dude who had this car before me upgraded the front brakes to the VR4 ones but I dont know what else he's done. I've been slowly working on the car throughout the years and finding different things he may have altered

edit: DACf2044K

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update for those who may encounter this problem!

As stated before, the previous owner had upgraded the brakes to the VR4 trim. What I did not know was that he also replaced the hub assembly to the VR4 trim. So, once I purchased the hub assemblies everything installed just fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts