Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I e-mailed Brian but it didnt get through, was gonna call himtoday but I forgot. Is his website down or is he moving ? whats up ?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hosting Troubles

From everything that I've read from his postings, he's apparently having Domain Hosting Troubles. He has hinted at having it up for Christmas, but who knows. Hopefully all is well in the GT-Pro camp.

- Ryan

:edit:

Brian GT Pro "The site?? a TOUCHY subject around the shop, this has been on-going for 8 months and counting, we keep getting promised the site, but still no dice....maybe Santa will bring us a new site this year?? I hope so.."

"hosting company is having issues, waiting for it to come back on-line.."

<i>both off the PitRoad-M Has Landed string</i>

·
Registered
557 Posts
i'am not saying a word:) except this of course:D

·
Grrr, baby, grrr
6,116 Posts
Bill:
Brian's server is having hosting issues at the moment. The new site reference that he made was in reference to wanting a new design. Things should be straightend out shortly, I would hope.

·
Registered
131 Posts
:rolleyes:

Shall we dedicate another thread to this debate?

·
BFA
1,180 Posts
I think Stealth TT somehow didn't get his way with something....

You sure dedicate alot of time to bad-mouthing Brian and GTPro. I think there is more to the story that you are trying to tell everyone. There are always ways to get money back if they legally owe it to you, provided you keep reciepts. If you really had to get your money back, or was ACTUALLY owed any money, I'm sure you wouldn't have had a problem getting it back by now. And for anyone else who may be reading this post, I have had LOTS of work done by Brian, Aaron, and Manny over at GTPro, and I have nothing but good things to say about them. I know quite a few people on the west coast that go to him to get work done on their car. GTPro's site is working now if you'd like to try it, and alot of people are making assumptions about things, and you know what assuming does....if you don't, ask someone. I'm not flaming on anyone, this is merely a counter-active statement to StealthTT's post to hopefully neutralize any prejudged opinions on Brian at GTPro, and let everyone develope their own opinion based off of their own interactions with Brian and everyone else at GTPro....

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Re: I think Stealth TT somehow didn't get his way with something....

EliteStreet99 said:
and let everyone develope their own opinion based off of their own interactions with Brian and everyone else at GTPro....
Hmmm.

·
Registered
689 Posts
If I were to subtract $100 for each of my posts from the total amount that I was defrauded - I would still have DOZENS of posts to go.

I have already posted the web link (on my home websites) of a fairly detailed summary of what happened to me. It's been there for quiet a while now. Not to mention all the major players at the time (Jack, Bob etc) were provided full details of what happened directly. We had all been waiting to see the results of my supposed bored AND *stroked* 3.5 liter motor. (the first of this type) [It was big deal to a lot of us] Check the archives of Starnet and 3S mailing lists - you'll find out how much catch-up you are playing.

There is no question that I lost money. Some of those who wished to deny the truth attempted the same kind of cover-up you are but it failed misserably when the other party admitted there has in fact been a major problem, loss of money, no work done, no repayment etc etc - and it was right here on these boards for all to see.

Where were you then?!

I also have a substantial amount of documentation, emails, snail mail, phone messages, credit card bills etc (AKA evidence) and even *partial* restitution from the co-partner.

One letter sent to myself and several other owners who lost money was even posted on the DSM digest! (not by me - by another owner who was defrauded)

I consulted legal advise and found that due to the distance involved(about 1500 miles), different states, fees, court appearences etc I would probably be lucky to break even after judgement was issued IF restitution was ever paid at all.

I contacted the Better Business Bureau in California and they had no record of the business ever having existed. All transactions had been funneled through the "partner's" company name. That's how my prepayment was processed as well and I have record of it.

The local phone book only listed the partner's company (a head porter for V-8 pushrods) for the phone number and address of the shop. Not a real surprise since he had been there for some time and paid the rent. I found out a lot of things - after it was too late.

The X-partner already had/has past judgements against them and they have refused to pay in those cases - not to mention the vendors who were in line/not being paid at the time ....

I offered to settle for less that 1/3 of what was owed to me - in parts - at retail prices!

As you can see - I'm still waiting .....

And warning ..............

There were also others involved. (including non 3S import owners) One 3S owner had to fly to CA from Europe in futile attempts to recover lost money. (also thousands of dollars)

I'll only provide details of my own transactions.

After my motor blew - I was solicited (by phone calls), offered a great deal, parts at cost, custom stroker crank - the works, etc in exchange for "flying the banner"/sticker on my car. [Sound familiar anyone?!]

That's when the nightmare began for me. Things were already unravelling on the other end - unknown to me of course.

It wasn't long before things started to smell bad - unreturned phone calls, different stories about work being done (that never was) etc up until everything folded/blew up in my face.

I remember telling Bob Fontana, Brad and others via our 3S chat site how worried I was 2 or 3 months into the "project". I knew something wasn't right but being 1500 miles away makes it very difficult to "trust but verify".

Next thing I know I get an email telling me the "$&%t has hit the fan", gone under/folded/belly-up and promises to repay and "make things right". My motor was never touched, the crank builder was never paid the cash I paid up front, the stroker crank was never built, no machine work had ever been done - even though I had been told otherwise for months and months!

Then a few months later - new name, new phone number, more promises to repay ........ my prepayment of thousands of dollars like dust in the wind - nowhere to be found ....

Then to add insult to injury - I get to recover my blown motor (untouched after 6 months), freight it back to mid America and pay a reputable shop to rebuild it - all the while still making credit card payments for the original job that was never done. (I'm still making payments today)

Yes - I guess you could say there is more to the story than what I am telling you.

But since you asked .............. there's the tip of the iceburg - just a fraction of what I could tell you.

·
Ultra Member
4,294 Posts
Hey Guys,

I am gonna have to vouch for everything that Todd has posted regarding his experiences. I was on Starnet, Dragnet and Team3S lists. He did and was one of the few 3/S owners who was brave enough to venture their time and resources to further our pursuits of a faster car.

I will say that even though I have yet to deal with Brian at GT-Pro directly, Todd did provide documentation on numerous occassions early on when he was having problems getting his money back. Hopefully he does one day get his money back but until then ... Todd has a right as a person who laid out money to purchase a product/service and yet was not provided with one to his satisfaction.

·
This space for rent.
3,009 Posts
Damn Stealth TT -

you managed to type all that out in only 23 minutes . . you MUST be pissed.

Brian ? We sure would like to hear at least a little something here . . .

Though, this sounds like the typical thing that happens in larger corporate america, where a company goes under only to resurface with a different name, with the same employees, after filing bankruptcy and settling to give creditors only pennies on the dollar or nothing at all.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
38 Cigarette said:
Damn Stealth TT -

you managed to type all that out in only 23 minutes . . you MUST be pissed.

Brian ? We sure would like to hear at least a little something here . . .

Though, this sounds like the typical thing that happens in larger corporate america, where a company goes under only to resurface with a different name, with the same employees, after filing bankruptcy and settling to give creditors only pennies on the dollar or nothing at all.
Brian GT PRO said:
Chuck, just for your information, I do not owe stealthTT a dime, yes not a dime. The company I was with before (GT Alley) was a corporation, and went bankrupt, and I don't have to keep beating a dead horse, but I am sick of your B.S. Have you ever had to file bankruptcy? it's not very pleasant, I lost EVERYTHING I owned, my home, my cars, my savings, they take everything away from you!! I don't wish it upon my worst enemy...I was left without a dime, a wife pregnant, and 2 daughters, and not a roof over our head or cash to do anything about it..Trust me, it was a STRUGGLE...Everyone who has a brain knows exactly what went down (and SAW with their own eyes, the paperwork that PROVES all that I say), and I never hid from anyone like Chien and Charlie did, but instead I stuck it out, made a name for myself under GT PRO (a new corporation with NO outside partners) and now 3 years later still here. I made a "side deal" with Todd, to apease the situation, not because I owe him (as the bankruptcy takes this burden), but as a person who feels bad for what happend, and I fully intend on giving Todd everything I promised him, but as I told him, it's not going to happen overnight. This is between Todd and me, not you, I think you should mind your own business, as a matter of fact I don't even know you. Todd is FULLY capable of fighting his own battles, he doesn't need you.. The Spyder? I have told all who are interested, EXACTLY what the car is, I have not tried to tell guys it's not wrecked, if they want it, it's up to them, not you. I have not done anything other than post what it is and what it will take to fix, that's all, if someone wants it great, if not oh well I will just save it and fix it next summer for myself.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
I dont understand why this is being rehashed.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Todd, I hope you read this...

The company I was with before (GT Alley) was a corporation(have documentation to prove this), and went bankrupt, and I hate have to keep beating a dead horse, but the long and short of it is that I kept NOTHING, sir Charlie kept my stuff as I was locked out of the building since the lease was under his name (have Sheriff's report). I lost EVERYTHING I owned, my home, my cars, my savings, my life, my A-1 credit. In order to secure financing for the company, I took a second mortgage on my home, poured every dime I had in savings, signed personal gaurantees on equipment, and sold every part I could that I was not using off my original black car. Want to talk about losing money?? I don't wish this type of situation upon my worst enemy...I was left without a single dime to my name, a wife that was pregnant, and 2 young daughters, and not a roof over our head or cash to do anything about it..Trust me, it was a STRUGGLE...Everyone who has a brain knows exactly what went down (and SAW with their own eyes, the paperwork that PROVES all that I say), and I never hid from anyone like Chien and Charlie did, but instead I stuck it out, stayed here in the 3/S community, and made a name for myself under GT PRO (a new corporation with NO outside partners, starting from the garage without a dime, all orders had to be pre-paid) and now 3 years later I'm still here, and the company is solid. I work my ass off, and stay here till all hours trying to better the 3/S cause, I am sure MANY of you who have called the shop on a whim at say 9-10pm and caught me here still working to ask a tech question or something know this is true. If I was a "crook" do you think I would have stayed around?? this would have been extremely stupid of me...!! I could have gone into another feild, or dropped off the face of the planet..C'mon!! I made a "side deal" with Todd, to apease the situation, not because I owe him (as the bankruptcy takes this burden), but as a person who feels bad for what happend, and I fully intend on giving Todd everything I promised him, but as I told him, it's not going to happen overnight. The person who Todd refers to flying in from Europe is Roger Gerl, but Roger did not fly in for this reason, he was in town on business, but I INVITED HIM to come meet with me, he did not "hunt" me down (anyone can ask Roger himself). Roger is and will always be a very close friend of mine, and if you look at my website, you will see "Design copyright 1999-2001 by Software Systems, Switzerland", well guess where Roger is from?? Can you all see where this is going?? nowhere...Todd, send me an e-mail when you get a chance, let's talk. I am not here to screw anyone, I think I have proven that over the last 3 years, so read/check your facts and make your own judgements..

·
Registered
557 Posts
does this mean the carbon fiber hoods are on sale?...no,oh well it was worth a try:( :D

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Brian GT PRO said:
The person who Todd refers to flying in from Europe is Roger Gerl, but Roger did not fly in for this reason, he was in town on business, but I INVITED HIM to come meet with me, he did not "hunt" me down (anyone can ask Roger himself).
I am proud to say that I was able to buy RogerG dinner and beer when he visited... :D

·
Badassical Baddage
6,535 Posts
Karma...it'll come around and eventually nip certain people in the ass...

At least Brian is honest enough to come out and not publically flame someone, but discuss it respectfully, something Todd at least does for the most part as well, although they share differing views.

Chuck, on the other hand, your representation of Todd makes me dislike him! Your doing a rather poor job and not only making yourself look like an ass, but making him look like one as well. I don't care if your buddies and what not, your making him look bad with your petty comments and arguments.

thats my opinion.

·
Grrr, baby, grrr
6,116 Posts
AmkreadGTO said:

I am proud to say that I was able to buy RogerG dinner and beer when he visited... :D
You never bought me a beer. You did buy me some yummy beef egg bowl, though. THank you. :)

1 - 20 of 108 Posts