Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to wake everyone up when I come home at 3 am everynight! How do I do it? I want my car to sound like a fuckin monster...what exhaust is the loudest and what bov is insane?

thanks

·
Cams: Where less is more
978 Posts
Purple VR4 said:
I want to wake everyone up when I come home at 3 am everynight! How do I do it? I want my car to sound like a fuckin monster...what exhaust is the loudest and what bov is insane?

thanks
:::: tim allen impersanation ::::;) :D :D
edit: o btw,
1. no exhaust is the loudest exhaust
2. i think, iirc, the greedyone

·
Got Boost?
4,242 Posts
Exhaust that wakes up everyone? Oh, that is easy:

Borla catback exhaust, ATR downpipe, and NO pre-cats/main cat. :)

Trust me. My neighbors hate it when I come home at night and my car is loud as hell.

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
downpipe w/ no precats/cats, and a turndown at the rear axle. Mufflers? What mufflers?

·
Registered
18,548 Posts
stillen downpipe not bolted to the catback....just how mine has been for the last 3 months.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Badass Exhaust

Listen to this and tell me its not bad ass (you need quicktime to view it) :

http://www.supratwinturbo.com/videos/EXHAUSTC.MOV

MUHAHAHAHA! That will scare all the V8 punks and ricers away!

They don't make this exhaust for 3000GT's, but you can probubly get the muffler and take it to an exhaust shop, and they can do custom piping for you.

BTW, Its a Tanabe Racing Medalion exhaust system.:eek: :D

·
No surrender!
2,270 Posts
my exhaust is not tooo tooo loud but i still have the stock down pipe. but my BOV is insane even beside the Blitz super sound bov.
I've only heard that Blitz on a supra in person.
Mine is open atmosphere. mine is the .TurboXs Type H-RFL

I don't really have a run to rich at idle problem.
I think the BOV canceld out the stall i was getting from the lightweight flyheel.

·
Hot Damn, here I am!
2,684 Posts
I read what Drew typed and starting laughing, but after thinking about it Sean Johnson (from Knoxville, TN) has a similar setup without the turndowns. I believe he said it was 3.5" dual piping all the way out the back, no cats, no mufflers, and some nice tips which may/may not be resonated. L-O-U-D. Not like '78 Ford Pickup with a 460 BB loud, but nice racecar loud. Ever heard a newer Cobra with straight pipes? Sweetness :) I wouldn't try it on an N/A though, probably sound like ass without the turbos to 'muffle' the sound.

·
No surrender!
2,270 Posts
sorny said:
probably sound like ass without the turbos to 'muffle' the sound.
lol

·
Running With Scissors
2,654 Posts
Exhaust?? Any exhaust with a cutout before the cat. Or you can just break it at the flexpipe like the guy in this clip.. Either way it will sound the same (minus the crappy metal on metal noises that are in the clip) and be muy loud.

right click and choose "save target as"

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
sorny said:
I wouldn't try it on an N/A though, probably sound like ass without the turbos to 'muffle' the sound.
No, it actually sounds good. How do you think I know? :rolleyes:

·
Hot Damn, here I am!
2,684 Posts
Oh, didn't it'd sound good on an N/A since Eric's N/A had no cat and no muffler and sounded pretty rough.

·
Bored User
1992 Stealth R/T Twin Turbo
1,146 Posts
I would say that the TurboXS open atmosphere BOV is the loudest one that I've heard. It seems that someone else mentioned that as well... I have one... and ummm.... it has had people thinking that I have airbrakes before... don't ask me why... look where I'm from (MO).. :D Needless to say, it's hella loud.. even louder when there's more boost going... so I can't wait when I get larger turbos, more fuel, and up the boost some more... I'm really antsy and anxious for that moment. :)

·
THE GAME
1,464 Posts
Re: Badass Exhaust

TurboTurd said:
Listen to this and tell me its not bad ass (you need quicktime to view it) :

http://www.supratwinturbo.com/videos/EXHAUSTC.MOV

MUHAHAHAHA! That will scare all the V8 punks and ricers away!

They don't make this exhaust for 3000GT's, but you can probubly get the muffler and take it to an exhaust shop, and they can do custom piping for you.

BTW, Its a Tanabe Racing Medalion exhaust system.:eek: :D
This exhaust sounds good but mine is deeper and about 4 times louder

·
Bored User
1992 Stealth R/T Twin Turbo
1,146 Posts
How can you tell how loud it is in a .mov format? Turn that volume up a little more and voila - it's louder. :) It has a very nice tone though.. you can tell that on the .mov. :D

·
Cams: Where less is more
978 Posts
sorny said:
I read what Drew typed and starting laughing, but after thinking about it Sean Johnson (from Knoxville, TN) has a similar setup without the turndowns. I believe he said it was 3.5" dual piping all the way out the back, no cats, no mufflers, and some nice tips which may/may not be resonated. L-O-U-D. Not like '78 Ford Pickup with a 460 BB loud, but nice racecar loud. Ever heard a newer Cobra with straight pipes? Sweetness :) I wouldn't try it on an N/A though, probably sound like ass without the turbos to 'muffle' the sound.
i know them 460bb with straight headers....hopefully ill inherite that truck and drop it in a stang or something hehe:eek: :D

·
your mom
303 Posts
Speeyuk said:
Exhaust?? Any exhaust with a cutout before the cat. Or you can just break it at the flexpipe like the guy in this clip.. Either way it will sound the same (minus the crappy metal on metal noises that are in the clip) and be muy loud.

right click and choose "save target as"
Hopefully just the wav clip, but it kind of sounds like its running underwater, a common side affect of cutting your exhaust too short.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts