Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering how many more miles I can get out my engine.It has 185,000 at this time.I've been religeos about doing oil changes 25/3000,oil always looked good.On my last tune-up i replaced all the cam and crank seals and the plenium and valve cover gaskets.All four cams showed very little wear.At 180k I had the a/t rebuilt only becase of the amount of miles.The mech.it was in very good condition,went ahead and replaced all the internals anyway.Only problem is when its in power mode it dosen't know it half the time and runs like its in eco.and the check engine lite comes on.

·
Official 3SI Mouth
2,168 Posts
Hesitation's easisest sources are either the emmissions control or the electronic fuel injection. With the age of the engine, it could be either, but I'd start with emmissions- cheaper, and it could be something real easy. Like vacuum hose wear. Check every vacuum hose from the throttle body and plenum- the fuel pressure regulator, the evaporative emission canister, and the emission purge solenoid. If your car is a California emissions car, you have an EGR setup in there as well. Check all the vacuum lines as well, and check all the solenoids for flow ability and and the canister for air tightness. From there, you're looking at diagnostic for fuel injection.

Kenneth

1 - 2 of 2 Posts