Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Whats the cheapest way to go?

990 views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Tos 
#1 ·
Alight, I have searched and searched and I have found some helpful tips, but I think hat I need is a straight out answer to a few of my questions. First of all, I have a 94 Base model SOHC Stealth, and I am NOT looking to get this thing way up there in the HP races or anything, but I want to make it respectable for the time being while I save for a VR4. I've been looking through past posts and it seems that SC/Turbos are a little too expenisive for my uses. So, I just want to know what I can expect from just getting intake/exhaust done. Would that give me a respectable gain, enough to give me the extra power to be able to deal untill the VR4? Anyone else have other cheap helpful tips that I could use?

-Matt:dodge:

#2 ·
If I were you I would go with Intake, exhuast, and cams.

The cams regrinds are pretty cheap and the sohc needs help getting more air in the top end. I bet with cams alone you could hang with a stock dohc.

Do a full 2.5 inch mandrel bent exhuast including downpipe, test pipe, and cat back...

A super mac intake,

And 3kgt motorsports cam regrinds.

After that if you need more power go with a lightway pulley from 3sx.

#3 ·
Intake(<$100), exhaust(free), nitrous(<$500) = low 14's.

#6 ·
Just gut the cat and drop the muffler and leave the premuffler/resonator intact. It's not loud that way.

Do SOHC's have premuffler/resonator pipes?

BTW, I ran through an open front pipe(ungodly loud) for a year and only got pulled over for it once. I told him I was in the middle of replacing the muffler and he said "okay, have a nice day".

#7 ·
I'm guessing you're not a 21 year old kid in a state run by a religion which feels that anyone not part of said religion is the devil and therefore breaking the law by breathing? I've had a cop try to give me a ticket for exhaust because of how loud my car is stock. he actually got on hands and knees to look under my car, with a flashlight. I guess, as long as you live in a place where they are not as anal about mods as Salt Lake City, then go for it Drew's way.

#11 ·
here is your best you can do imo,dont spend a dime on the sohc car,dont fuck with it .keep it running good.and use all your money for a tt or a vr4.you spend $100 on the sohc,that could be mbc,and intake for the tt.and if you are planing on getting a tt you will want to have a second car.
thats my 2 cents,

#13 ·
I think what I'll do is just go with the intake/exhaust idea and maybe the cams. That sounds decent for my car at this point, also because I am saving for a VR4 for my future.

Anyway, I was browsing around and I checked out the 96 Stealth spoiler, and now I am interested in getting that, but from what I've heard that isn't going to be an easy task. Anyone know of somewhere I can get that spoiler?:confused: Or if its possible to.

-Matt:dodge:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.