Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Formerly Carnage VR4
5,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alight, I have searched and searched and I have found some helpful tips, but I think hat I need is a straight out answer to a few of my questions. First of all, I have a 94 Base model SOHC Stealth, and I am NOT looking to get this thing way up there in the HP races or anything, but I want to make it respectable for the time being while I save for a VR4. I've been looking through past posts and it seems that SC/Turbos are a little too expenisive for my uses. So, I just want to know what I can expect from just getting intake/exhaust done. Would that give me a respectable gain, enough to give me the extra power to be able to deal untill the VR4? Anyone else have other cheap helpful tips that I could use?

-Matt:dodge:

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
If I were you I would go with Intake, exhuast, and cams.

The cams regrinds are pretty cheap and the sohc needs help getting more air in the top end. I bet with cams alone you could hang with a stock dohc.

Do a full 2.5 inch mandrel bent exhuast including downpipe, test pipe, and cat back...

A super mac intake,

And 3kgt motorsports cam regrinds.

After that if you need more power go with a lightway pulley from 3sx.

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
Intake(<$100), exhaust(free), nitrous(<$500) = low 14's.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Now, Drew, when you say exhaust for free, are saying to just drop the exhaust?

Some of us need to keep our cars legal sounding, Thanx to law enforcement.

·
Formerly Carnage VR4
5,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where should I look into getting an intake? How is the exhaust free? What can I do? And where can I get those cams?
:rolleyes:

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
Just gut the cat and drop the muffler and leave the premuffler/resonator intact. It's not loud that way.

Do SOHC's have premuffler/resonator pipes?

BTW, I ran through an open front pipe(ungodly loud) for a year and only got pulled over for it once. I told him I was in the middle of replacing the muffler and he said "okay, have a nice day".

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I'm guessing you're not a 21 year old kid in a state run by a religion which feels that anyone not part of said religion is the devil and therefore breaking the law by breathing? I've had a cop try to give me a ticket for exhaust because of how loud my car is stock. he actually got on hands and knees to look under my car, with a flashlight. I guess, as long as you live in a place where they are not as anal about mods as Salt Lake City, then go for it Drew's way.

·
3kgt Driver
3,505 Posts
With my experience:

Got best gains from Downpipe aka frontpipe, testpipe ($45), and pulley

·
Registered
363 Posts
here is your best you can do imo,dont spend a dime on the sohc car,dont fuck with it .keep it running good.and use all your money for a tt or a vr4.you spend $100 on the sohc,that could be mbc,and intake for the tt.and if you are planing on getting a tt you will want to have a second car.
thats my 2 cents,

·
Formerly Carnage VR4
5,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think what I'll do is just go with the intake/exhaust idea and maybe the cams. That sounds decent for my car at this point, also because I am saving for a VR4 for my future.

Anyway, I was browsing around and I checked out the 96 Stealth spoiler, and now I am interested in getting that, but from what I've heard that isn't going to be an easy task. Anyone know of somewhere I can get that spoiler?:confused: Or if its possible to.

-Matt:dodge:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.