Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
i'm embarassed to say 90. i have no where to open her up.
kevin calvano

·
BFA
1,180 Posts
I had my R/T up to 147 according to the speedo, but I had to slow down from there cause traffic was backing up down the road in front of me. I got a R/T TT now, and I only got it up to 140, but it got there easy, and I slowed down because I had to take my exit. I'm guessing it'll get 160 easy if the governor doesn't kick in before that.

Jason

·
Large Member
6,164 Posts
I've had my ES up to 130 without a problem..
It was a Sunday, on a holiday weekend, at 4AM, going down I-495 in Virginia..

I slowed down because I felt uncomfortable flying past people at more then double their speed.. Even though there weren't many people, there was traffic.. and I didn't need someone to cut me off or something.

-LDG
93 Stealth ES

·
Registered
317 Posts
2 times I have had it up to 147mph, the car was rock steady. There was still more available but I was concerned about them New Hampshire deer out for an evening romp. I was also running the stock 17 inch Good Year tires. I would have felt better if I had been running on Firestone Firehawks, but that will have to wait until these wear out.

Jerry S 1999 Firestorm Red Stealth RTTT
AKA "The Red Terminator"

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
145 MPH racing an Impala SS with 2 other passengers in my car. 96 3KGT base.

·
Dodge should sponsor me
2,014 Posts
150-155 racing joe g and murrey on 696 neer detroit. they both had 15gs, i had stock turbos. joe was 8-9 car lengths in front of me and murrey was another 5-6 in front of joe so i know they were goin faster than me! we all started side by side at 75-80mph. and we all had 16 psi dialed in. i did my 4-5 shift and let off.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I couldn't resist this one.. 185 pegged and pulling on I15 to Vegas (fight with wife caused this reckless action). Sunroof was "lifting off", as the pressure was too high, and wanted to rip the glass right off..Then backed off..

·
Registered
858 Posts
155...was racing a supra. had to slow down coz of traffic. Then my Vr4 was Bone Stock. Now have Borla Exhaust, K&N FIPK..ans real soon boost controller would try it then.

Just out of curiosity when does the Governor kick in. Coz 173 ansd 180 seems to be very very tempting but wouldn't the governor not let that happen.

Raja
94 Vr4

[This message has been edited by Raja (edited December 14, 1999).]

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
do we have a governor ??
i remember reading that Car & Driver article on the $40K shoot out (Supra, VR4, M3, 'vette) that our top speed was about 155mph but that our top speed was drag limited.. the supra had an electronic governor.. i can't remember the article fully.. I have to dig it out..

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Flew at 145 mph in the race with a 95 Pontiac Bonneville(sp?), all I have are K&N fipk and SpiralMax.
Don94 3kgt base.

·
Premium Member
4,769 Posts
Topped 150 twice in my 93 R/T non-turbo. That's with the full stereo and everything. BTW, I'm going that my speedo is actually quite accurate (some of ours apparently vary by significant miles) as my speedo has exactly matched a GPS up to 130mph. I.e., was travelling with Jimmy and his GPS when going to Cleveland and we were checking the accuracy of my speedo and my speedo said exactly what the GPS said I was doing.

EricB

·
Registered
253 Posts
too many mods to list on this 91 es.
chasing down an rx7 and hit 145.It got there soo quick.
140mph about 8 times.
damn I need to scan a pic with the chromies.

·
resident evil
17,080 Posts
165 mph on I287 with co-worker watching the speedo while I looked ahead for cops! He did not believe the car could hit more than 155 cause his buddy who has a C5 claims his car will wate me top end cause we have a governor. No governor-and the added boost filter and no cats must have allowed me to escape that recorded terminal velocity! Pretty nice how stable the car is. My sunroof started making noises as well as my side windows, but it held together. I did not have much left, but another mile or so and I probably could have gotten to 170/ 175. I want a set of Brians 366R turbos!!

Sam 95 VR4

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Just 165... had a couple grand left... I was surprized at how stable it was... now I can't do 140 without worrying about my suspension. These cars really must be different from the ones that Road and Track test, cause 155 is just over my 4-5 shift... I can't imagine what it is like in the 6 spd...

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I am proud to say that I did 135mph on belt parkway...hehehehehe at 2A.M on a sunday nite with stock turbos and bone stock heheheeh

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
140 at 2:00 a.m. on a very straight road with no traffic. The car seemed to want more, but i didn't.( YEA , I'M A WUSS).
HOWIE RD95SL

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
140 coming back from Little Rock, AR. I have a 94 base 3K and I probably could have gotten a little more out of the thing butdue to construction the roads weren't so good.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts