Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am changing my clutch and was told that I should replace my throwout bearing. What is it and where is it located? Is it really necessary to change?

------------------

·
Mmmmm, Boooooost!
1,563 Posts
The throughout bearing is behind the clutch and allows the clutch to spin while the pedal is pressed in. It is not totally necessary to replace, but if the bearing goes, you've gotta drop the whole clutch again!!! It's a given that when you replace the clutch, you replace the throughout bearing.

A word of advice, DO IT!!! I've heard horror stories of throughout bearings going and totally screwing up the whole tranny. It's worth the money since you're going to have the clutch out anyways.

Just my thoughts.
Damon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, the throw out bearing is that damn thing that's rattling on my car, the one that the dealer who did my clutch says "cannot duplicate concern", those bastards... and they replaced it when they did the clutch.
Now it's getting hard to get my car into gear. So guess what, I get to have my tranny dropped again just to replace this frickin $40 part!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.