Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,427 Posts
Thanks for the information. There is SO much information, sometimes the forest and the trees get confusing. I'm taking the resistor bypass off the table at this point. Now I'm wondering if the stock FPR contributes to the problem.
did you do a vacuum delete? If so, you probably deleted the fuel pressure regulator solenoid. It's job is to raise pressure (not allow vacuum) at idle on a hot start to FPR, thus increasing the fuel pressure on a hot start.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,427 Posts
if you have a tunable ecu, you can cheat in a couple of ways....
1. allow ecu o2 correction and let it add more injector duty cycle to compensate for the temporary lean condition
2. IAT will also usually be really hot from engine bay heat soak, and hotter than you would experience driving or boosting, so you can add fuel in an IAT compensation table above 140* is what I usually do. Most IAT compensation tables would keep pulling fuel out for hotter temps, I do that up to 140, then above 140, add a bunch of fuel. Any decent intercooler will keep temps below that anyway so will only hit those temps in a heat soaked, hot start condition.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
did you do a vacuum delete? If so, you probably deleted the fuel pressure regulator solenoid. It's job is to raise pressure (not allow vacuum) at idle on a hot start to FPR, thus increasing the fuel pressure on a hot start.
No, no delete. Don't put quarantine project ideas in my head! ?

On the hot start thing, I've been tracking when it happens. If I let it sit after full warmup for 45 minutes or so it does it (coolant @ 120-140). However, I've had it happen after sitting for 3 hours (coolant @ 90) but after a full cool down, it doesn't do it. I agree with everyone else, it's a real head scratcher.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,427 Posts
Okay, so another potential. Depending on how it behaves on a hot start...You could have a slightly leaking injector.

But most issues are a lean condition and my tricks work on standalone ecu's.

·
?Mark
16,626 Posts
Going to mancave fiddle around

21 - 25 of 25 Posts