Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wonderin cause i've been forced to POSSIBLY sell mine...mostly economic reasons, but feel like i may keep it at all costs

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
i may be selling my stealth here in the next few days to get a 95' Lt-1 corvette it only has 20,811 miles on it and it's perfect in every aspect even the leather inside is brand new..... oh yeah it has a three way ecs like feature tour, sport and performance....

·
Turbo-Less
8,742 Posts
I don't own a VR4, but I hope you don't mind me telling you why I'd sell my Stealth RT/TT :D

Money. Pure and simple. No, I'd never sell it if I'm LOW on money. That's the worst thing anyone can do with ANY car. Never sell a car to raise money, you'll lose more in the long run. :)

Now my answer... EVERYTHING I OWN IS FOR SALE. I love my car, but it's for sale. The more I love it, the more expensive it gets.

I got offered $12,000 for it over the summer and turned it down right away. I'd seriously consider $14,000 and would for sure sell it for $16,000+. I doubt I'd ever get it, but who knows. :)

If I ever DID sell it, I'd just buy another 1st gen RT/TT, with around 70k miles with perfect interior and with a non-dented exterior (paint condition I don't care). Probably pay around $6k for it. Then I'd spend $5000 on turbo/supporting mods (DR650's, FP, AFC, and all the BPU stuff), $1500 on wheels, and $3000 on a custom paintjob. I'd have a NICER car, MUCH FASTER, and still have a little $$ left over. :)

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
I would sell mine if one more thing breaks on it.:ak47:

·
Premium Member
6,598 Posts
someone offers me 14. Cause thats what i got in it.

·
Native
3,894 Posts
$15,000!

ooooooooooor maybe a ZO6 (preferably ZR1 though)

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Nothing. I have too much into them and intend to own these cars till I die (or die in these cars). I will own other cars ... but the VR4 and the RT/TT are here to stay. I may one day buy one and fix it up and sell it ... but right now these are mine forever.

·
Mod O' Day Pron
4,021 Posts
Well.....

I love having a first year VR4 with one of the rarest colors, and after 7 yrs. I still enjoy driving it, getting compliments on it, etc.

My answer: When the fun of driving it went away, is when I would sell it. :(

But, if I keep it for another 6 - 10 yrs. It won't be worth the money to sell it, so I would keep it and restore it. :)

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I agree with Sean Johnson, i think when the love for the car dies out, its just how long untill that day comes around thats the question. when i was 16, my mom bought me a 95 grn 3kgt n/a, i loved driving that car every second i was in it. im 21 now and this past summer i bought a 94 vr4, and its nothing short of what i expected it to be. so for me, i dont think that love will be dying out anytime soon;) i also agree with the statement that if i hold onto the car for a long time, and its not worth anything anymore, then im going to stick it in the garage and bring it out when its nice:D i really think these cars have a unique look about them and will turn heads on the road even more as time goes on.

·
Modern Angel
257 Posts
Probably sounds really random, but it just came to mind:
"Would you give up your car to be with me?"
(No she didn't say that, unfortunately.)

VR-4 or not, if it meant I could be with this girl I want I'd give it up without a second thought - it would be more than enough to make me sell my car. I love the car dearly but truthfully it doesn't even compare to this girl.

Cheers

1 - 20 of 30 Posts