Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
650's installed, yea baby
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have the choice of 357's, 650's or 15g's(Wife getting them for me for Xmas :) ). I know 650's have been proven as well as the 15g's and haven't heard much on the 357's. I have all the supporting mods, now it's just a question of what turbo.

Thanks

·
Registered
578 Posts
Tec 17G

·
Premium Member
9,023 Posts
TECs will be cheaper, but if something goes wrong, would prefer to have DR650s, at least you know you can get them replaced with little BS. TEC seems to have the reputation that if it breaks it is your fault and they aren't responsible unless professionally installed and not abused.

I got TEC 13Gs and have been happy with them so far, but my first choice was DR500s from DR, only that they didn't have any available at the time that I needed them so had to opt for 13G instead.

LW

·
No longer a 3/S owner.
3,402 Posts
wow wow wow

wow, i just looked through your sig again, your setup if begging for a set of upgraded turbos! between the fuel system, and other supporting mods I am in nearly the same situation as you...I want a wife to buy me turbos!:p

·
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
russianstealth said:
357 Magnums they're 100 bucks cheaper than 650's they are very close performance wise, i'll prove it when i'm done with my rebuild.

see sig
Those were my 2nd choice, but I just haven't seen people running good times with these, unless they just haven't posted them. Good luck with your rebuild.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
For staters...the wife is getting you turbos for x mas...im jealous. Im getting a razor and socks. Get the 650 so your not mad at yourself. Who cares what the run now...they are as big as you can get right now. Eventually people will figure out how to get the trubos tuned right and we will see times dropped. Good luck...and take car of that good woman you got. Turbos for x mas...SOB!

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
my96rt/tt said:

Well, if my driving skills improve and I don't break anything, I should be somewhere in the high 11's...
These turbos are easily capable of 11s. The time in my sig was with pump gas, 15psi, no alcohol (pump broke), no traction (sometimes coming out of the hole sideways!), and a poor boost curve from my AVC-R (1G). They are absolutely exhilarating. They are capable of 11s without super-dee-duper mad driving skills too (I don't suck, but I'm not Matt).

Get the DR650Rs, trust me, you won't be sorry.

·
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
tonygold said:
For staters...the wife is getting you turbos for x mas...im jealous. Im getting a razor and socks. Get the 650 so your not mad at yourself. Who cares what the run now...they are as big as you can get right now. Eventually people will figure out how to get the trubos tuned right and we will see times dropped. Good luck...and take car of that good woman you got. Turbos for x mas...SOB!
Ordered them last night. Believe me, she is being taken care of; I am very lucky to have an understanding and supportive wife.

·
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mark said:

These turbos are easily capable of 11s. The time in my sig was with pump gas, 15psi, no alcohol (pump broke), no traction (sometimes coming out of the hole sideways!), and a poor boost curve from my AVC-R (1G). They are absolutely exhilarating. They are capable of 11s without super-dee-duper mad driving skills too (I don't suck, but I'm not Matt).

Get the DR650Rs, trust me, you won't be sorry.
I can't wait to get behind the wheel once these babies are in. Unfortunately up here in the great white north, I will have to wait 4-5 months to try them out...:(

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Hold up my96rt/tt. I just remembered something...is she getting you the turbos...or ALLOWING YOU :) Im a single guy so when you say your woman is gettting something it may mean two diffrent things :D So is it her money...or is she allowing your money to get spent. Either way your still getting 650...you suck!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.