Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Evil Trucker
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have decided, my 3000gt base is going to be my show car. I dont lie to myself and pretend it can be fast as hell. Heres my delema, I would like your opinions on another car for soli racing purposes. What could i get cheap, upgrade cheap, and be very fast? I have heard good things about the AWD talons and eclipses, is there anything else? Thanks

·
Registered
606 Posts
if you really want CHEAP performance you've got a few options. you could pick up just about any chrysler turbo you want to(yes this includes minivans if you're so inclined) and start modding. most of the mods are rather cheap or free if you don't mind ganking things from bone-yards(i'm unemployed and in college, that's my excuse).

you could also pick up an older domestic V8 ie: 5.0 Stang, 350 F-Body and do about 2k in mods and run low 13's all day. as of right now, i'm gonna try to hit 13's with my daytona for under $2500, and that's including the cost of the car $1300.

i think a 1st gen DSM is really a great way to go though. easily upgradable. the AWD is really nice, espcially if you do any amount of winter driving, not to mention the under-2sec short times you can pull all day long on street tires.

·
Only Tonic is Chronic
1,549 Posts
DSM=Diamond Star Motors...They were the joint Mitsubishi/Chrysler/Plymouth venture which spawned the Lasers, Talons, and The Eclipse. They also produced the Colt and the Expo..and Some would argue the Stealth and The 3000gt

·
Registered
957 Posts
1st gen DSM. They are cheap, and very are supposed to be built better than the 2nd gens. They dont have crankwalk either.

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
The 2nd gen ('86-'87 I think) RX-7 turbos. They were only made for a few years here in the states. All of the 2 gens in Japan were turbos. They can be made into REALLY fast cars. There was an Air Force guy in Japan that had one that was putting out 700+ HP for around $7000. The Rotory motor is very simple once you figure it out. It can also handle insane amounts of power.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts