Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I own a 1995 3000gt and rn I’m looking at some rims that are 17x8.5 +38 offset and I want to know what’s the best size of tires I can run without any rubbing. Thanks

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,197 Posts
Hello and welcome.

245/45R17 will be the factory size, but you can also opt for 255/45R17 even with a modest drop in ride height. IF you are planning on slamming the hell out of your car for that stance/flush shens, then you might want to consider 235/45R17 or more narrow instead. Different tires will have variations in exact measurements due to design and such.

Sizes aside, you are going to get a million different opinions on tires. More info and criteria might help, such as location, application (daily driver vs auto-x), budget, and any preferences (aesthetics, brands, summer vs all-season, etc.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello and welcome.

245/45R17 will be the factory size, but you can also opt for 255/45R17 even with a modest drop in ride height. IF you are planning on slamming the hell out of your car for that stance/flush shens, then you might want to consider 235/45R17 or more narrow instead. Different tires will have variations in exact measurements due to design and such.

Sizes aside, you are going to get a million different opinions on tires. More info and criteria might help, such as location, application (daily driver vs auto-x), budget, and any preferences (aesthetics, brands, summer vs all-season, etc.)
Hello and welcome.

Okay, thank you! This helps me a lot

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same concern before until a friend of mine decided to choose the tires for me. He suggested that I should try a set of Kinergy Hankook tires and so I did. I would say that it's a good set of all-season tires. I just made some minor adjustments to optimize its handling and mileage and I'm definitely satisfied with it after a few test run.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts