Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am most likely getting tint for christmas and was wondering what you guys have. I want to get as dark as possible, but still have good visibility out of it at night. I will be getting all windows except the front. Black cars with tint please post pics. Thanks guys.

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
Go 20% I'm gonna have my windows retinted for x-mas....mine are 8 yr old tint, turning purple.. but my pics are in the sig.

-Jeff

·
Bored User
1992 Stealth R/T Twin Turbo
1,146 Posts
Get something between the range of 20-35. If you don't mind having a bit darker on the rears and small corner windows, get 20 on the rears and 35 on the front or some other tint. Just make sure to check with your local laws regarding window tinting before you go about doing this. :D

·
Sc300-2jzgte coming soon
2,047 Posts
i have a green RT and have 5% on the side and 20 on the back do you want any pics?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i live in NJ, any1 kno the laws on tint? I have a black car and i'm lookin for a dark on dark with red highlights effect. such as calipers. i wuz also thinking about painting the dodge on the front bumper either gray, white, or red, any ideas on best color?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
south, sure show me some pics, obviously i am only interested in pics that the tint is easily visible. thanks.

·
Only Tonic is Chronic
1,549 Posts
20% all around is the Best of Both Worlds IMO...Look in my Sig and you will see 20% Sunguard Tint all around.

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
my tint is 20% all the way around. If I was just doing the back and sides, I would go 5-20%

You should be able to see it in my sig.

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
here is another example.

also, I dont think you can have both good looking tint AND tint that is safe at night. I have to roll my window down at night if I need to see.

Attachments

·
Registered
727 Posts
Supposedly the best tint is 15% since it goes perfectly with the black traingles and is still visable at night. Up to you though.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
i have %35 on the side windows and dark ass limo tint in the back.

completley legal in tx.

·
baron of isosceles
3,963 Posts
I've got 15% all around ona black SL, sorry no pics...shit i've got some somehwere, i'll try and dig em up...trust me, 15 is good, it's waaaaay illegal for me but it's only if you get pulled over speeding do youget a violation, so i've been good so far. back to the point, 15% is great, you can still see perfectly at night, i coudln't go any darker due to the fact they wouldn't go any darker (they being the tinting place) so go with at least 15%, maybe 13%, which is on Ruiner's car and looks badass!

Tyler

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
all of you guys can see out real well at night? NJ doesn't have tint laws i think, it says any so i'm guessing that is ANY is permitted oppposed to ANY is illegal.

·
Registered
131 Posts
According the NJ law, you can put ANY film on the sides and rear, but NO film is allowed on the front windows. So, yes, NJ does have tint laws.

·
white bread
1,350 Posts
billcarson said:
According the NJ law, you can put ANY film on the sides and rear, but NO film is allowed on the front windows. So, yes, NJ does have tint laws.
By front windows he means the doors (don't know if that is obvious but when I think front window I think windshield)

I live in NJ and I got limo tint (which is 13% I think) and it's perfect! No problem seeing at night and looks hot during the day. I live in South Jersey, we can meet up sometime if you want to see it in person.

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
I can see fine out the back, but not out the front.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Nj is gay with all these damn laws
look at it this way you are going to get a ticket anyway if he pulls you over for the tint so you might as well go with limo
i have 20% and it sucks
go with limo

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
i'll try and take some pics today.

this is just my opinion, but when you see %15 on your door windows you're gonna think its WAY to light.

I found out i have %50 on my back/hatch window. in the day time i can see out fine. In the night time i can see out fine. And the good thing?? nobody can see in.

i'll put it this way. At night time driving down a dark ass road you cant see anything out the back. you can however see headlights coming perfect. And when the headlights come closer you can see it perfect.

I dunno. I just woke up. I'm just saying get dark tint.

·
Registered
14 Posts
mirror tint

I've got a fade to black with the mirror tint at the bottom fading up to black on the sides, and hatch. Looks good on a black car and i've yet to be hassled for it. On some cars it looks ricey-ive seen it on a green jetta, but on a black 3s its kickass

1 - 20 of 52 Posts