Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its a 91 with the mods bellow. I am planning on replacing the BOV and loosing the bleeder setup for a MBC. After i do that what should i run on a 50 degree day?

Last time i ran like its set up as is, i ran 14.1 @ 95mph with 2.01 60' time. I know i need a little work on the launch but i fugured i'd be a little faster seeing that i had just cleaned the K&N, put in new plugs, wires, redline everything, and fuel filter.

I was a bit disappointed to say the least and i want to know what to expect when i go again next week.

·
Got Boost?
4,242 Posts
50deg day? Low 13s (13.2-13.5s)

Work on that 60ft. Knock .1s off of the 60ft and gain back .2s on your 1/4. :) Nice, huh?

·
Registered
18,548 Posts
i ran my bone stock 13.72 on a 75 degree night. it doesnt get much colder than that here.

4,448 Posts
TKarr ran a 13.1 when he had similar mods (didn't have any exhaust mods, but had a clutch, BOV, and ran 14.5 or 15 psi with a blitz DSBC).

i would guess a 13.2-13.4 just like others have predicted...

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there is a coolant hose that runs hot water thru the intake to help warm the air going into the intake, for cold starts and so forth. I bypassed that. dont know if it helps but now my trottle body doesn't have 200 degree water flowing thru it :)

·
Running With Scissors
2,654 Posts
hehe, maybe we can get Brian to run with a new intake, if you're not going this weekend.

Still working on the flange for that BOV, man. I'll talk to a machine shop tomorrow. When were you planning on picking this stuff up? I really wanna get that MBC on there.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i may come and get it this weekend, but as for running, it will be next weekend probably. I may take off a friday and come up early and see if i can get jayson's heads, injectors, and other stuff on.

Lemme know what i need to do on that BOV and MBC Will

And Brian, i was nervous so BACK OFF! :)

·
Running With Scissors
2,654 Posts
All you need to do is come pick them up. I should definately have it all ready by next weekend for you to run.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts