Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what parts besides timing belt,water pump goes on? is it worth it for the dealer to do this or a local mechanic whos good?

·
650's installed, yea baby
659 Posts
Timing belt auto tensioner, timing belt pulley, accessory belts, thermostat, plenum gasket, throttle body gasket just to name a few other things you "should" do. I just got done with mine, did it myself and it really wasn't that difficult. There are instructions out there on how to do it. You just need a weekend, a place to do it and the right tools; this is a must, things will go a lot easier.

Good luck.

http://www.team3s.com/60k.htm

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, but i need a new clutch first, as soon as i get some cash together, Hans, I am getting laid off from my job this week......

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats sounds really good, one question, will the stock clutch hold up to 400hp? ive heard you have carbon clutches too, i want a street clutch that is drivable on a daily basis that can hold high hp cause i want to eventually get 13g's and a downpipe. right now i have a custom cat-back exhaust. if the stock will do it, then i will go with it....

·
Banned
9,895 Posts
I know of a lot of people with stock clutches with around 400 hp and no problems at all. I'm still using a stock clutch and my car is running low 12's, high 11's right now and it still holds strong.

The carbon carbon single disk is like $1500 on a group buy or $1700 every day. It's a bit pricey. I think you'll be ok with a stock clutch still.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok, ill be in touch, Hans

1 - 8 of 8 Posts