Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Getrag Rebuilder
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off... I just wanted to say thanks to everyone on 3SI. Searching the board has provided me with a wealth of knowledge in tuning my VR-4. Yesterday I made a slight adjustment to my fuel curve in the upper RPMs with the GCC and made some logs of 2nd and 3rd gear pulls to redline. I had no knock at all and at the top of 3rd my EGT's were dead on 900 C.

Having said that, what mods do you think I should do now?

Here's what's on the car already:
DR-650R's @ .60bar
HKS VPC / GCC w/ stock 360 chip
360cc injectors
1st gen AVC-R
Greddy Turbo Timer
Greddy peak hold warn boost and EGT gauges on the A-pilar
Downpipe
Exhaust
Ported Exhaust Manifolds
Alamo Motorsports side mount intercoolers
RPS stage 3 clutch
Adjustable Ride Height coilovers
Custco rear strut bar
18x9 Blitz Technospeed Z1 rims wrapped in 255/35/18 Bridgestone potenza s0-2 pole positions

I'm considering getting the GT-Pro Magnum Fuel system, the special lean 550cc VPC chip, and some 720cc injectors so I can turn up the boost a bit. I'd like to go to an AEM ecu eventually, but I think I'll stick to the VPC / GCC for now.

I also want to get one of Omnip_1's a-pillars to replace my stick on pods.

I've also been thinking about doing weight reduction before increasing the boost. Stuff like Omni's light weight hatch, CF hood, PST driveshaft... TE-37 Mag's hehe

Aside from all that stuff there's a few body panels that need replacing... my passenger sideskirt mounting brackets apparently broke off so it kinda sticks out a lil. My Passenger fender has a nice dent from where it looks like someone dropped a wrench or something. My window trim is flaking off showing the silver... my B-Pillars are somewhat faded and flaking.

I'd like to fix the few cosmetic problems now as the car is running very strong. My only concern is how well the paint will match. I would be buying new panels, then having them painted and installed...

What do you guys think?

·
I love my car
1,482 Posts
Steve3kgt said:
First off... I just wanted to say thanks to everyone on 3SI. Searching the board has provided me with a wealth of knowledge in tuning my VR-4. Yesterday I made a slight adjustment to my fuel curve in the upper RPMs with the GCC and made some logs of 2nd and 3rd gear pulls to redline. I had no knock at all and at the top of 3rd my EGT's were dead on 900 C.

Having said that, what mods do you think I should do now?

Here's what's on the car already:
DR-650R's @ .60bar
HKS VPC / GCC w/ stock 360 chip
360cc injectors
1st gen AVC-R
Greddy Turbo Timer
Greddy peak hold warn boost and EGT gauges on the A-pilar
Downpipe
Exhaust
Ported Exhaust Manifolds
Alamo Motorsports side mount intercoolers
RPS stage 3 clutch
Adjustable Ride Height coilovers
Custco rear strut bar
18x9 Blitz Technospeed Z1 rims wrapped in 255/35/18 Bridgestone potenza s0-2 pole positions

I'm considering getting the GT-Pro Magnum Fuel system, the special lean 550cc VPC chip, and some 720cc injectors so I can turn up the boost a bit. I'd like to go to an AEM ecu eventually, but I think I'll stick to the VPC / GCC for now.

I also want to get one of Omnip_1's a-pillars to replace my stick on pods.

I've also been thinking about doing weight reduction before increasing the boost. Stuff like Omni's light weight hatch, CF hood, PST driveshaft... TE-37 Mag's hehe

Aside from all that stuff there's a few body panels that need replacing... my passenger sideskirt mounting brackets apparently broke off so it kinda sticks out a lil. My Passenger fender has a nice dent from where it looks like someone dropped a wrench or something. My window trim is flaking off showing the silver... my B-Pillars are somewhat faded and flaking.

I'd like to fix the few cosmetic problems now as the car is running very strong. My only concern is how well the paint will match. I would be buying new panels, then having them painted and installed...

What do you guys think?

you can "polish" the b pillars with this stuff called scartch off. I think vr4stealth has a link on his site about it.

·
Getrag Rebuilder
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cryptic80,
I'll look into that stuff... those B-pillars are expensive.

SHiVeR-91VR4,
I forgot to mention that I have a set of 550cc injectors and a regular 550cc VPC chip in my garage. I figure they should be good for around 1bar on the DR650's.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Yep, definitely do your fuel system. .6 bar on DR-650R's is a cryin shame!! The cosmetics are very important though, regardless of whether or not it adds performance. A shiny clean 3S with some kick is certainly a site to behold.

Good luck with your upgrades, sounds like your car is (has the potential to be) a beast!

·
I'm Back
1,839 Posts
use those 550s

use the new injectors with a supra pump, and if you get spark blowout, get an ignition upgrade...then propane and you are a street machine

·
VT Hokie Fan
2,371 Posts
WHAT?

Are you INSANE?

It amazes me how many people out there skip completely important mods and go straight for the huge turbos. You do not control 17gs with a manual boost controller, you do not provide fuel for a T76 with a Super AFC, a 25g and nitrous is not a good idea on stock internals - even a 4g63s, and dude, NO DR650s with stock injectors!!! :D

My God man, go here now:

http://www.darksideracing.org/Injectors.htm

Get a set of 720s and a Walbro 341 & turn those beasts way up ~ if you want to run upper 10s that is! :)

And fix the body panels dude - good God, you can't have a 10 second beater. :)

red3kgtvr4 said:
propain!!! ProPain!!!! PROPAIN!!!!! :D :D :D
Yeha - why not - get a shot of nitrous oxide & a propane kit and go for the record. But if the fastest GTO ever is missing body parts I'm gonna smack ya!

·
Getrag Rebuilder
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And fix the body panels dude - good God, you can't have a 10 second beater.
But if the fastest GTO ever is missing body parts I'm gonna smack ya!
lol Telionis-1, my eyes are tearing up from laughing so hard =P

Anyway, I had to go with the stock injectors to get the car on the road before it was time to go back to college. I was planning on putting the 550's back in when I go home for winter break, but was thinking why not go for the 720's... I know I'm eventually going to need em. =) Plus then 550's are already out of the car ready to sell...

I think I'm going to do the fuel system, then fix the body panels up... then go from there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.