Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gotta slip the clutch because of mucho traction of the AWD (with stock at least). According to the books, the maximum torque is at 2500 RPM. Therefore, I don't rev too high before launch, around 4000-4500, then slip the clutch while holding in that RPM range. Pretty tricky: if you dump the clutch too quickly - RPM's die, if you slip too much - slow launch and burned clutch.
Practice before competing.

Vadim

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
what do u tack up your motor to?

do you spool up the turbos ?

how do u release your clutch

input would be great
i also want to thank everyone on this board everyone here is a wealth of information and alot and has come to great use

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I launch my car at 7000rpm and slip the clutch. I get a prity good spin of all 4 tires and grate 60' times that way (1.68-1.72)

Matt Monett www.dynamicracing1.com

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I'm more conservative. I'll bring it up to about 4500, then do a combination of a clutch drop, while feathering the clutch a bit. Try not to bog it down with too much gas. My biggest problem is running out of first gear to soon. Part of me wishes there was an option for a really built manual valve body automatic for these cars. Wicked ET potential!

·
Registered
8,762 Posts
5000-5500 slow clutch dumps on the street (it's almost a dump but not quite). There's too much traction at my track so I launch at about 4500-5000. Anything more sends the stock clutch up in smoke. After I get a new clutch I'm going to have to change my launching style. Right now the stock clutch will slip a little instead of shocking the tranny. An aftermarket one will just kill it if you dump the clutch at high rpms...

Trevor

1 - 5 of 5 Posts