Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...timing service was done last night. Everything went well, drove the car to work this morning everything sounded fine and smooth. Then next thing I know I start hearing this noise. Pissed yes because lifters were done MONTHS ago. All 24 from 3sx big bore lifters.

This is the sound, it cant be lifters...can it? :(

Bliping the throttle on the throttle body the sound does get faster.

·
Registered
28 Posts
bump - my 1992 is doing this as well.. and for some reason it seems louder from the interior than from the exterior/hood down. ..comes and goes actually?!? looking forward to inputs on this as well.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Would help if you had actaully revved it in the video. What weight oil are you using?

Also, a loose timing belt can sometimes make a "slapping" noise.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right now I've got 5w-40 in it until the cold months are done. This only seems to happen once the engine warmed up.

Also, a loose timing belt can sometimes make a "slapping" noise.
Its not. I had the covers off and watched it as the car warmed up. The sound is only coming from the rear bank. I am going to try 10-40. I just find it weird that I all of a sudden have a lifter tick well after I have done it. Unless a lifter has gone.... =/

Also, had the gf sit in the driver seat as I bliped the throttle to tell me where the rpms were. The tick seemingly goes away around 3k.

comes and goes actually?!?
Yes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts