Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
awhile back that everyone said worked really good to get rid of lifter tick?
Player

·
Registered
91 Posts
the redline gas additive that myself and other use is called sl-1, and retails for about $5.00 for a bottle that does 2 tanks of gas. Great stuff, works well, solved my misfire and plugs fouling problems.
I also found a better product, called "mix-i go" that is a fuel additive made by Bell Chem, a low key, 75 year old company here in Longwood, Florida. A 32 ounce bottle costs $19.95, but it treats 120 gallons. It eliminated all problems, and causes full burn of your fuel.
I don't know if a fuel additive will stop the noise, although I don't have any noise. Some people are using a CD-1 additive for their valve noise.
hope this helps, email me at [email protected] if you need a phone # for Bell Chem.
jack s.
3si#296

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I can't comment on the lifter tick issue (haven't experienced it).

I can say that the Red Line Complete Fuel System Cleaner (SI-1) is great stuff.

When I bought my '94 VR4 the mechanic I use told me that the intake ports were fouled (probably because the car had such low mileage it sat for long periods of time (not good for the stability of gasoline and when gas starts to breakdown it will foul engine parts)). He sugggested I try SI-1 as a first step. I bought some from http://www.alamomotorsports.com (so he didn't sell it to me and therefore didn't profit directly from the recommendation).

I brought the car back after 2 tanks of gas with SI-1 and everything was perfectly clean.

Red Line suggested I use 1 full bottle in the first tank, 1/2 a bottle in the second.

After that you can add a fifth of a bottle to 20 gallons of gas (so it is designed to treat 100 gallons per bottle as a maintenance dose).

SI-1 is not a solvent (like most so-called injector and fuel cleaners). It is a detergent additive (feels like liquid soap, low odor). This is why you can use it continuously if you so desire. The solvent products can deteriorate your fuel system and engine parts if overused (they often use solvents like Toluene, Xylene and Acetone).

Red Line also makes a single dose product called SI-2 that you don't want. The dose is too low for the first use and second use and a single bottle does not contain the right blend for a full tank of gas in a 3S car. The SI-1 works out better.

Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts