Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
PSI is when your trying to get somones attention but not trying to get everyone to look yenno... PSSSSSSIIIIIIIIII!!:D ok i had my laugh for the day:p

·
Registered
825 Posts
PSI is when your trying to get somones attention but not trying to get everyone to look yenno... PSSSSSSIIIIIIIIII!!:D ok i had my laugh for the day:p

·
Finally back!
1,226 Posts
PSI in relation to an NA is the amount of air in the tires. When it pertaining to a turbo it is the boost that a turbo is running.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
it just means pounds per square inch but it can refer to pressure in ANYTHING, turbo boost pressure, fuel pressure, tire pressure, oil pressure, etc.

·
The Voice of Reason
2,023 Posts
AustinGT said:
PSI in relation to an NA is the amount of air in the tires.
That's misleading. As far as the tires are concerned, the pressure is not the amount of air that is in the tires, but the force that the air exerts over the inside area of the tire.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
AustinGT said:
PSI in relation to an NA is the amount of air in the tires. When it pertaining to a turbo it is the boost that a turbo is running.
You forgot oil pressure too. ;)

·
Registered
491 Posts
That's misleading. As far as the tires are concerned, the pressure is not the amount of air that is in the tires, but the force that the air exerts over the inside area of the tire.
As far an ANYTHING is concerned PSI ALWAYS refers to the pressure of the gas/fluid over the surface area of the container, not just for tires.

·
Registered
825 Posts
so if somone farts can that be measured in psi?:p

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
decepticon3gt said:
so if somone farts can that be measured in psi?:p
I'm pretty sure Summit has the new 5" monster Fart PSi gauge, comes with the free odor light.

·
The Voice of Reason
2,023 Posts
Stealth1109 said:

As far an ANYTHING is concerned PSI ALWAYS refers to the pressure of the gas/fluid over the surface area of the container, not just for tires.
No kidding, really?!? :eek: But if you're talking about a different fluid and a different container, then you're not looking at the force the air is exerting on the inside area of the tire now are you? Hence, "As far as the tires are concerned."

:rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts