Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a paint job on my veilside 3kgt in a high luster black, and someone told me I should get a blue pearl or somethign, can someone explain to me what a pearl is and how much they cost?

·
2,616 Posts
i think this is how it goes...... when i got my pearl white on my gt, it was : first paint the car white... then pearl ( metalic-y) then clear coat... i mean i have the stuff from the dealer, its a can of white paint and the other can is silvery/cleary/sparkly...

FORSALE
'94 gt ( 7300)
'91 tt ( $5400)
'95 GT ( $8000)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Expensive. Pearl paint jobs are a three stage point, like Stiggy said. If you have a scratch you can not just use touch up paint. If you have an accident you have to paint the piece that got hit and then blend it into just about all the next panels of the car. IT is very hard to match 100%.

I just got rear ended and pushed into some one, so I have to get the front and rear bumpers repainted, and everything except the roof blended in.

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
anybody know how much one of these paint jobs would cost me? Well maybe i wouldn't need one. I don't have any major scratches but i have quite a bit of rock chips in my hood and minor niks here and there, so what would be the best kind of paint job to fix all these?

·
2,616 Posts
Well i got an estimate for one side of my metallic green gt ( which goes through the same process as pearl i think) and its$2000 so i think the whole car would be around $4000 +

·
Registered
244 Posts
My paintjob is going to be around the $2K with White pearl. That is with Refinish/repaint Front/Rear bumper and Right quarter panel, and Blend (repaint) everything else but the A & B Pillars and roof.

An actual color change over, might be quite a bit more, and with painting you normally get what you pay for.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Can I get some help too??????

Well I have to get my Veilside Bumper repainted too since I recked my stock one. My whole car color is Black, so are all the black colors the same??? Is there any possibility that they can mess it up by choosing a different color black???:confused: HEHE:D

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
speed3000gt said:
Well i got an estimate for one side of my metallic green gt ( which goes through the same process as pearl i think) and its$2000 so i think the whole car would be around $4000 +
DAMN! A little too pricey for a paint job, for me at least.

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
4u2nv,
there are many many shades of black just like any other color. i think the color of your car is on the inside of the driver's door or under the hood or something and the person painting it (unless they don't know what they are doing) should be able to easily match it. if it is not the stock color you will probably have a much harder time.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I believe just as long as the paint is 2-Stage (Paint and Clear coat), then the shop should have no problem matching the color. If it is 3-Stage (Paint, Mica/Metalic, Clear) then matching becomes alot harder. So just as long as your finish is a a non-pearl/metalic then the shop should have a little formula on how to mix up the right paint code.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
A pearl paint job is when your with a girl, and about to cum....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts