Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a paint job on my veilside 3kgt in a high luster black, and someone told me I should get a blue pearl or somethign, can someone explain to me what a pearl is and how much they cost?

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
The pearl is just like glitter theres tiny specs of it in the paint. At certain light it shows up really good at other times its not as noticeable.

It makes for a really nice color and not just a bland single color. Check out some other 3K's especially the Black and the White or Blue if you are lucky. And examine the paint closely....you'll notice more than meets the eye.

-Jeff

·
The Blank Man
1,161 Posts
You say pearl blue if you're lucky... how many did they make and in what year(s) as i am picking up my pearl blue 94 vr4 next monday

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
I know at least the 95VR4's pearl blue was very small production numbers.....not sure on the rest of the years.

-Jeff

·
Registered
275 Posts
on later model 3000gt's most of the paint was pearl... i have a pearl white 3000gt... it isn't that sparkly i mean it's better than normal paint it's a stage 3 pearl like all the pearls on 3000gt's .... metal form paint is much better that's like 7 layers or something that is shiny as hell but it's like 10,000 dollars according to the price a local body shop quoted me.

·
In charge
1,814 Posts
3kgt4eva said:
on later model 3000gt's most of the paint was pearl... i have a pearl white 3000gt... it isn't that sparkly i mean it's better than normal paint it's a stage 3 pearl like all the pearls on 3000gt's .... metal form paint is much better that's like 7 layers or something that is shiny as hell but it's like 10,000 dollars according to the price a local body shop quoted me.
I would question that kind of quote. Mine was repainted after I side swiped a deer (the only way to get the paint to match all the way around) and they charged the insurance shop about 5K for the job.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts