Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 NA ATX 3000gt DOHC
4,007 Posts
Not a sensor, it's the wires for shift solenoids entering transmission. Should be 4 wires, although I can only make out 3 in the picture.

·
Registered
1997 3000gt SOHC
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is 4 the picture just makes it hard to see but can transmission fluid leak from there because I have a hidden leak and still don't know it's origins after uv dye

·
Registered
93 NA ATX 3000gt DOHC
4,007 Posts
There is 4 the picture just makes it hard to see but can transmission fluid leak from there because I have a hidden leak and still don't know it's origins after uv dye
It could possibly leak from there though not common, it has an O-ring around the round section that’s flush with top of transmission machined surface. BUT it is installed from the inside outwards, when valve body is remove with shift solenoids attached that wire seal fitting is removed from inside pulling wires and wire end connector thru the then open hole.

I’d think if it was leaking from there the uv dye would show up with blacklight. There’s so many places it could leak its hard to guess, including the 2 pulse generators that install in outer edge hidden by passenger side inter wheel well plastic.

Your best bet would be to de-grease the entire area, and check often after driving short distances for sign of fresh leaking points.

·
Registered
1997 3000gt SOHC
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I decreased the parts where the fluid would be to see it better under the UV hence why one part of the trans looks much nicer than the rest lol

But if you care to give it a look I posted pictures of the uv dye trans fluid mix or coolant or both (it had green sludge mixxed in visible under no uv), there wasn't any other uv dye I saw so idk if it was super thinned out when leaking so I only have a few pictures

·
Registered
93 NA ATX 3000gt DOHC
4,007 Posts
But if you care to give it a look I posted pictures of the uv dye trans fluid mix or coolant or both (it had green sludge mixxed in visible under no uv), ..........
I can’t tell much from those pictures because I see wet greasy looking areas low on trans closer to pan area, which leak there could push fluid up higher on trans from air flow thru radiator or under car.

However your statement above and you mentioning a hidden leak (assume losing ATF level), makes me wonder about leak in cooling coil within bottom part of radiator. Have you noticed any sign of fluid if coolant or coolant if trans fluid (possible bubbles on dip stick or increasing ATF level.)?

·
Registered
1997 3000gt SOHC
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven't noticed anything coolant wise on the dipstick for the transmission but I thought coolant might have been leaking from one of my trans cooler lines as I do have a coolant leak in same area, but the last pool of coolant was always the right shade of green so I'm not sure about that, but another thing is I've had the pool of coolant appear multiple times but twice it has been a brownish color like oxidized atf fluid Regrettably I did not take a close up picture of the Brown fluid but if you are able to zoom in on the second image you can see both are different colors between images Ihbu

·
Registered
93 NA ATX 3000gt DOHC
4,007 Posts
.......... I've had the pool of coolant appear multiple times but twice it has been a brownish color like oxidized atf fluid Regrettably I did not take a close up picture of the Brown fluid but if you are able to zoom in on the second image you can see both are different colors between images Ihbu
In first picture that pool of ATF of ledge of trans, looks like it might have come from where trans cooling lines enter top of transmission.

Yes that brownish colored fluid in second picture, does appear to be ATF and coolant mixed. Probably ATF running down from trans and coolant expansion tank excess overflow, because it does look overfull in picture.

·
Registered
1997 3000gt SOHC
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
OK well I found my coolant leak and the cause for the pulling coolant in that part of the transmission it is from Right under the top rad hose and the reason I could never find it is because the it dried up running down this line on the trans, Although my transmission fluid league I still have no clue It might be from the cooler lines I'm not sure because I didn't see any UV die but I'm gonna win it and say it is that and replace those lines and clamps I'll get back to you after I drive it when I do that which idk how long that'll be cuz I have a new upper hose 30 min from me at home but I don't just don't wanna drive there and back

·
Registered
1997 3000gt SOHC
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I got good news and bad news, starting with the bad news

I have a even larger coolant leak from somewhere under my intake I have 0 clue of what this could be coming from,

But under the good news there is so much coolant it doesn't appear that transmission fluid is leaking anymore so I think the trans leak fixed itself lol And my initial coolant leak i did fix it was just the upper hose

1 - 10 of 10 Posts