Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no idea what I should look for in a stereo.. I'd like to add two 10's at some point but figure I should get the headunit first, save up some loot, then get the rest of the system. Can I use a regular d sized unit in my car or are they strictly double din? Please give me some suggestions!

·
Eat strawberries
855 Posts
yea you can use a din sized radio, you just need to buy a kit to make it fit. How much do you want to spend on the headunit?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Alpine

I would personally suggest the Alpine MDA-W750 or the MDA-W799. They are both DD, a perfect fit for our cars. They are both also quite expensive, but this is top of the line stuff.

·
mmm.. caffeine
3,868 Posts
I have the Blaupunkt SanFran and I love it so far. As soon as I figure out how to work everything on it I'll like it even better.

I'll have a whole bunch of pics up on my site in the next 2 or 3 weeks.

btw.....when we installed it my cousin, YellowES, said it sounded way better than the Alpine unit that was in it previously. I never heard the Alpine unit but he said it sounded awesome when he first listened to it. The Alpine (TDA-7063 maybe?) was a casette deck with a changer hooked up.

The car has some Infinity aftermarket speakers it it.

Oh yeah they are around 350 on ebay right now.

·
mmm.. caffeine
3,868 Posts
Oh sorry...

No it is not. There is a plate covering the bottom hole. You can also get a din bucket and put in there.

·
Registered
91 Posts
yeah

yeah, I thought about the single din, but I think it'd look too weird. I'll probably just buy someones factory cd DD; I'm shooting for speed, not sound.

·
mmm.. caffeine
3,868 Posts
Here are some pics.

Sorry I messed up on the macro setting.

And the dark shot. :D My clock time AM/PM was messed up.

·
I suck @ Life
1,934 Posts
Nakamichi.... Only single DIN i think, but just high end internals, no fancy bells and whistles

my two cents

KC

·
I suck @ Life
1,934 Posts
oh yeah,

i bought my first alpine last year and i hated it, the cd mechanism was slow as hell and tuner sucked (i could not get radio stations i could with my sony). I disliked it so much i did not even bother yanking it when i traded my car.

KC

1 - 10 of 10 Posts