Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Wild & Wacky Meerkat
1,599 Posts
If a thread you have written to is deleted, even something as inconsequential as say, 'Testing my sig, does it work?' kinds of threads, all those messages you posted will be removed from your count.

ie, if you delete this thread, this post for me will no longer count, and my number will go back down one (to account for the '1' that this post added.)

:)

Elton

·
Grrr, baby, grrr
6,118 Posts
If my understand is correct, so people who want to post random OT stuff and just carry on crazy conversations, i.e. the 'GIRLS' thread that had 700 replies, can't take advantage of the situation to inflate their post count.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Hey Charles,
Are you going to MIR Sunday for the Import/Domestic
Shootout?
Wayne
'93 Supra TT HardTop
'95 Pearl Yellow 3000VR4

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I think the posts not counting in the loung thing is lame... But then again I remember the debate we had about an OT forum was a lame idea... equally valuble material can be discussed in there. Hell that's where I plan to spend the majority of my time and post my OT AND on topic posts. If you're too afraid or lazy to go through some posts that don't pretain to you, to get to the ones that do, I don't want you answering any of my questions, or replying to any of my statements.
You wanna break up the board and further separate things and make it that much harder for newbies to see how close knit we really are, fine suit yourself, we're becomming more and more like DSM talk and SupraForums every day. but at least make my damn thread count go up when I post... It's not like I bandwaggoned and started posting to the 700+ threads just to gain some posts. my 1100+ posts are genuine and I take pride in them both on topic and off.

·
Banned
10,939 Posts
I want the post count to show members that contribute to the 3si community. The 700+ post girls thread (and the many like it). Did nothing but inflate users numbers. Right now post count means squat.

2388 Whitetiger
2803 Gatecrasher
2914 Darktrail
1386 Me

Based on these examples you can see the post count is meaning less. My hope is that in a few months a newbie will be able to come to this board, look at a users post count and have it mean something.

·
Welcome To The Machine
951 Posts
What's a post count?

·
perpetual college student
3,903 Posts
Alan92RTTT said:
I want the post count to show members that contribute to the 3si community. The 700+ post girls thread (and the many like it). Did nothing but inflate users numbers. Right now post count means squat.

2388 Whitetiger
2803 Gatecrasher
2914 Darktrail
1386 Me

Based on these examples you can see the post count is meaning less. My hope is that in a few months a newbie will be able to come to this board, look at a users post count and have it mean something.
that's the way that I looked at post counts when I first became a member of 3si.org (back when it looked like twinturbo.net style) -- too bad people can't look at it that way anymore :(

·
perpetual college student
3,903 Posts
I say reset everyone's post counts to zero, or max 500 right now or something -- to go up w/ 3S content only. (and no, I don't care about my post count numbers, or whether this post would count :p)

·
Aghhhh
9,731 Posts
I think the posts not counting in the loung thing is lame... But then again I remember the debate we had about an OT forum was a lame idea... equally valuble material can be discussed in there. Hell that's where I plan to spend the majority of my time and post my OT AND on topic posts. If you're too afraid or lazy to go through some posts that don't pretain to you, to get to the ones that do, I don't want you answering any of my questions, or replying to any of my statements.
You wanna break up the board and further separate things and make it that much harder for newbies to see how close knit we really are, fine suit yourself, we're becomming more and more like DSM talk and SupraForums every day. but at least make my damn thread count go up when I post... It's not like I bandwaggoned and started posting to the 700+ threads just to gain some posts. my 1100+ posts are genuine and I take pride in them both on topic and off.
If YOU'RE too lazy to check check two forums, than maybe you don't really have a handle on what's going on here. Half the people who post here have very little real technical background on these cars. It's not a slam, it's just a fact. They go around trying to answer questions they're not qualified to answer, just because they like hitting the "submit reply" button and watching their counts go up. The real experts aren't going to be spending as much time in the Lounge and will be more likely to see your car related posts here in THIS forum. They won't have to wade through a pile of bullshit just to find out your ignition timing is off. It'll be right up top where it belongs.

Hell, this could be like LS1.com where they can barely afford to keep their board running. They stripped out signatures, shut down forums and enforced lots of rules on people. If someone posts something that doesn't have a point, their post count is changed to NEGATIVE 1000 and their title is change to Free Post Abuser. Go visit some other boards sometime. You'll realize we have it pretty damn good right here.

Then again. LS1.com HAS a solid technical information base specifically because they split their forums. We have so many duplicate arguments and so much BULLSHIT flowing around on this board, it's amazing anyone has a running car.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wayne:

Hey, I haven't heard of the MIR shootout. I probably won't be able to go, though. My car is in the shop b/c it won't start. I should know by the end of the day why it's not starting. I also was wondering about the plug gap thing. I've got a little bit of hesitation here and there when under full acceleration, so I was thinking that was due to my plug gap being stock. What do you recommend I should set my gap to? And I am assuming this is on spark plugs, right? If so, I am going to get new ones, since I think the car could use it. What do you think I should get. I was also thinking of getting new wires. Do you have a recommendation on those? Thanks for you time!
Charles

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Hey Charles,
It is probably a good thing you didn't go to MIR.
It was so crowded it was somewhat of a disaster.
Only 2 runs before quick 8 class. I barely made it
in with a [email protected](I sucked). Then got eliminated
on the first round. Cars were still in the tech line 4
hours after racing started.
Your hesitation. New plugs gapped at ~.035" should
take care of that problem. The stock wires from Mitsu
are probably best if they are needed. Make sure you
get good plugs(not the $3 each junk Advance will tell
you is for your car). The headache of installing them
warrants the cost of the right ones.The NGK Platinums
have worked well for me.
Talk to you later,
Wayne

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the advice Wayne! I'll get the NGKs. How do I go about regapping them? Or do I buy them gapped at .035"?Thanks.

BTW, a 12.140 isn't too shabby! ;) Was that in the 3000 or in the Supra?

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Charles,
They will come gapped ~.044". You will need to gap
them or have the mechanic gap them if you do not put
them in yourself. Valley Import beside Neighbors Exxon
on Rt 42 near my house does an excellent job and is
reasonable. Robby Groom is the co-owner and was head
mechanic at Steven Toyota.
Wayne

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the info, Wayne! The car is doing great other than the hesitation. It is hitting 1.10-1.15 all the time, so it is right at the 1 bar boost mark that we were shooting for earlier. :D

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Charles,
Sounds great! BTW, I am going to try to have a
mini gathering of Harrisonburg area 3S members.
There are about 8 here in town. I will e-mail you
when I get some dates narrowed down and see
if you want to come. They still have 3 test and tunes
at Mason-Dixon left. Maybe a drag day.
Wayne

1 - 20 of 21 Posts