Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Sc300-2jzgte coming soon
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember hearing about a national Gathering a month or so back and was wondering what happened? Is it still in the works or has it been killed? from what i remember it was sapose to be in August of 2002. if anyone knows about that i want to know what going on..

thanks
Darrel

·
Sc300-2jzgte coming soon
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
btt

·
Turbo-Less
8,742 Posts
I know that Wraith has been the guy working on it a little.. but from what I saw on the posts it appears that they are thinking 2003 for the first one.

I'm actually in email conversation with him, to see if he'd support having the first one in 2002, here in northern Indiana....

So it may happen... I've volunteered to head it up if it's here... and already have most of the contacts as well as a preliminary schedule.

As I posted in the original thread, we have a road course, drag strip, autocross facilities, cheap hotels and a decent nightlife around here... add to that we are close to Chicago/Detroit and only 15 hours from NYC (east coast), 10-11 hours from Atlanta... we're pretty central.

I think the main concern is making it "fair", for both west and east coast people... my personal opinion is we can TALK about it for 6 months, arguing back and forth about location OR we can just DO IT, make it as central as possible, and just let it happen.

·
Sc300-2jzgte coming soon
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if you guys want some more help i am willing to join in.

just send me a mail [email protected]

Darrel

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
There is at least 2000 members on this board and that post only had around 50 or so replys....most by the same people. That wasn't a great welcoming to a national gathering. I am in support and the first time I mentioned it, it got even less replies.

-Jeff

·
W3Si member #010
1,765 Posts
I'm in, too. I think it would be great. I also think that once there is a confident meeting place and date, more will be in. Its hard to say until it gets closer to the spring. Good luck.

·
Sc300-2jzgte coming soon
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
we should set up a group to start getting this going. i know that some of the florida people would go.

Darrel

·
Registered
557 Posts
it won't happen because no one can decide on a place,and no matter where it is,there will be some.....ok alot.....of people bitchin about it. Everyone wants it in there "backyard".

·
Hot Damn, here I am!
2,684 Posts
Let's have it in TN... :D j/k

If it was in Indiana or someplace closer to east then west then I'd go. Of course that'd have to be no more west the Missouri for me. I can't afford to drive across the country. I doubt it'll happen, but if I does and I don't have to drive more then 6 hours one way then I'm game.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I’m interested. I think it would be cool to have the meeting near a drag strip / road course. Your not going to make everyone happy with a location but you can’t worry about that. Make it as central as possible but close to facilities like what JeremyG said.

You may have better luck organizing regional meetings first. Then, have a big national meeting. If I lived in California, it would be a hell of a drive to come out to Indiana.

Start with local clubs as in “Northern Illinois 3Si Club” then, after local clubs are established, have a regional meeting as in everyone from the mid-west. Then, after a couple of successful regional meetings, have a national meeting.

Anyways, just a thought. :p

·
Turbo-Less
8,742 Posts
Ok, listen guys... as I said I'd be happy to head it up. It of course would need TONS of other people helping, but I don't want to step on Wraith's toes. I have emailed to ask him if he'd support one in 2002, especially since the talk was waiting until 2003.

No matter WHERE we have it, people will complain. that's just human nature.

My94r/t said it in a nutshell... nobody will COMMIT because there's NOTHING FIRM. My theory is "Have it and they will come".

Of course a corallary to that is that it has to be WELL PLANNED with ACTIVITIES. I'm thinking 3 or maybe 4 days, at least a Thursday evening thru a Sunday afternoon...

I'm throwing a few things around in my mind, need to get in touch with some of the tuner shops to see what they think about one BIG IDEA that I had... (it has to do with a 48-hour build-up of a car, complete with media/magazine coverage and everything).

I've said it many times, CENTRAL is important but moreso important is POPULATION CENTRALITY. In other words, we shouldn't make it FARTHER for 70% of the people just to make it more convenient for the other 30%. Again, NO LOCATION IS PERFECT. But combine all the activities in this area, the lower cost, and the fact that there's a mature, experienced and professional guy with PLENTY OF TIME to plan this thing (me), and I think this area is the best choice as of now.

I've done some estimating and if we just get most of the Chicago and Detroit guys, the Ohio group, some Atlanta people and a couple dozen or so from the east coast we'd have close to 150 cars here. That's almost as big as OC. If we get better East Coast representation we could easily break 200 people.

Again, the idea was first given by Wraith, I am not interested in stepping on his toes and I've told him that via email. Right now it's HIS BABY, I want to wait until I hear from him before doing more planning.

Oh, yeah, and chuck, I agree with you that possibly a lot of people will "bitch" about ANY location... but to say it "won't happen" because of that is too negative. I'd be happy with 100 cars first year, and I think that's VERY POSSIBLE.

Cameron, good idea about the smaller groups... thats one of the ideas I had... first of all there are already sort-of "chapters" but (as Wraith suggested), the main idea is to get a person from each state to be the "state rep". There would be some specific requirements that would need to be met (ie. the need to know several 3s owners, have the ability to spend some time planning, etc.)

·
Registered
709 Posts
Well, consider me interested. If there is anything I can do to help out, just give me a yell. Wouldn’t want to be a state rep. Don’t have that kind of time seeing how I already run an Explorer club. But I’m more then willing to help where I can. It sounds like a blast. 100+ 3000GTs / Stealths, tons of media, tuner shops and after-market suppliers! I’m so there!

·
Hot Damn, here I am!
2,684 Posts
Cameron said:
100+ 3000GTs / Stealths, tons of media, tuner shops and after-market suppliers!
Don't forget the WRX ;)

·
Registered
709 Posts
That goes without saying :D

·
Hot Damn, here I am!
2,684 Posts
I gots me a Mitsu TD-04 turbo on my WRX, so I'm *kinda* still in the 3/S crowd ;)

·
Drives 2003 COBRA 435rwhp
502 Posts
Count us in

The whole east Tenn group would be up for this if it gets off the ground just let us know and we will help anyway we can.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts