Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

what happened to LMI

9K views 150 replies 60 participants last post by  Patryn 
#1 · (Edited)
I am posting this to let all LMI cusomers know what is going on with LMI.

LMI has Fell behind and is in a constant struggle to get caught up. LMI has tried over and over to provide a affordable solution to the 3s community. Doing so we have underestamted the amount of work to get things done correctly and on time. We have failed in communication and promptness but not in the turbos themself.

with this and personal injuries as well as a move of location set us months behind.

We have stopped direct sales except for lay away plans as they will not be needed for min 3 months down the road when they are paid for.

We are still working around the clock to get things situated the best we can.

We have mentioned that we will no longer be supporting the 3/s platform but I think I came off the wrong way and apologies for this. We will no longer be sellign directly to the 3/s platform as this will prevent any further shipping issues.

we provided more tubos in the last year then any other company had in the last two years. we have saved the 3s platform THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of dollars. This was an effort to support the platform that I truely believe is the best out there which is why I own two of them myself. I will continue to complete the outstanding orders and will be completed by may 30th 2010.
I will keep parts for Warranties for the next 2 years which will cover everyones warranty.

I will be posting this up on our website so when people say what happened to lmi you can just direct them there. With this being said I would like to thank Bill from socal3s for providing an awsome forum as well as the guys from norcal3s, florida3s,chicago3s and lasvegas3s i would like to thank 3si for having a world of informaion. I would also like to thank personally MIKE SAM ANDREW TJ OSCAR BRIAN MICHAEL ROY ROB JAKE GLEN HARRY HENRY EDVISSALAND JERRY FOR BEING AWSOME CUSTOMERS AND JUST GOOD GUYS. I will see you all at the track and meets with my stealth and if you guys need anythign you now where i live come on down

See less See more
#4 ·
Biggest run-on sentence for quite a while...congrats...

Also, the biggest, stinkiest pile of DOG DOO I have read in quite a while...congrats...

You blame the customers for sending in bad cores? REALLY?

We're a BAD platform? REALLY?

Have a nice life....DOUCHE.

Bob. (Yes I do read the seller/buyer forums)

#6 ·

#10 · (Edited)
Subscribed, for entertainment later.:D
So 50 of your 170 purchasers are happy. Awesome <1/3. I told you, you should have shipped those 3200's to me so we could dyno them.lol

#11 ·
Took me about 5 mins to read that because I kept losing my place.

But thanks for stopping by, now

#13 · (Edited)
I have broken this piece of shit up and have added expert commentary.

ADMIN PLEASE DO NOT DELETE AS MEMBERS MUST KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON
Don't worry, I have a feeling this thread will be around for a while.

I am posting this to let all LMI cusomers know what is going on.
Well that's nice.

With LMI.
Well that's a relief. I thought I was going to read a detailed break down of the economic situation in Greece. Lord knows that would be boring.

LMI has stumbled tripped and fell.
How does a company not only stumble, but trip and fall? I mean, I could see a person doing it. Actually, it's kind of difficult to do all a three. I would think that someone could stumble and fall and trip and fall but the first two are somewhat redundant, don't you think?

Maybe you meant to say that your company is horrendous and you have a doctorate degree in making excuses?

We do not make the turbines nor do we make the cores or compressor wheels.
Color me shocked.

When we have bad cores shipped to us we can not use them.
Bullshit. Tony Stark had a cave full of broke shit and with a hammer, a soldering iron and some arab doctor dude he made a fucking arc reactor.

when parts are back ordered and we do not find out untill the last min.our story changes from will ship out tomorrow to waiting on parts.
Maybe you should stay on top of your suppliers.

LMI has tried over and over to provide a affordable solution to provide to the 3s community. and offer a very extended warranty. We have failed in communication and promptness not in the turbos themself.
What?
Now we have Invalid URL.com out to destroy LMI because of bad dealings wth the owner not related to turbos and in fact because of his wrong doings as well as ejecting him and another friend of his from a joint venture because of his wrongfull dealings with other 3s members.
Holy fuck, the Invalid URL.com? Those are some mean bastards. I would contact Vin Diesel if I were you. I hear he's a badass, butt whooping mother fuck.

and when confronted on it the kid went straight to grudge.
Thank God he didn't go "grunge". Flannel just doesn't work these days.

(the following passage was deleted because it was pointless) I have substituted a picture of a koala in place of what was said

(yeah, so more Koala's)

So i ask myself why am i even bothering trying to help members of the 3scommunity when i just get kicked down further.
Despite the fact that this is the internet, there is a door. Please use it and don't slam it as it has a tendency to hit you on the ass, so be careful of that.

Are going to need more Koala's?

Its not worth my time or efforts. I can make 2-3 times the money with other platforms and only have to provide one turbo vs two. But i guess the 3s community does not want LMI.....

My friend, no one cares. No thread was needed.

#31 ·
I have broken this piece of shit up and have added expert commentary.

Don't worry, I have a feeling this thread will be around for a while.

Well that's nice.

Well that's a relief. I thought I was going to read a detailed break down of the economic situation in Greece. Lord knows that would be boring.

How does a company not only stumble, but trip and fall? I mean, I could see a person doing it. Actually, it's kind of difficult to do all a three. I would think that someone could stumble and fall and trip and fall but the first two are somewhat redundant, don't you think?

Maybe you meant to say that your company is horrendous and you have a doctorate degree in making excuses?

Color me shocked.

Bullshit. Tony Stark had a cave full of broke shit and with a hammer, a soldering iron and some arab doctor dude he made a fucking arc reactor.

Maybe you should stay on top of your suppliers.

What?

Holy fuck, the Invalid URL.com? Those are some mean bastards. I would contact Vin Diesel if I were you. I hear he's a badass, butt whooping mother fuck.

Thank God he didn't go "grunge". Flannel just doesn't work these days.

Despite the fact that this is the internet, there is a door. Please use it and don't slam it as it has a tendency to hit you on the ass, so be careful of that.

Are going to need more Koala's?

My friend, no one cares. No thread was needed.
Jeff, I feel that you could do better then the Navy and 3si. You should be paid for this shit.

#15 ·
Ow, I almost hurt myself laughing Jeff.....

CLASSIC....

Bob. :)

#23 ·
to think... I almost... I almost bought some LMI turbos... thing is though I hope LMI doesn't tarnish the name of a certain very amazing shop that was selling their turbos, this better not get linked to them in any way or I am going to be one pissed off big black guy

#27 ·
to think... I almost... I almost bought some LMI turbos... thing is though I hope LMI doesn't tarnish the name of a certain very amazing shop that was selling their turbos, this better not get linked to them in any way or I am going to be one pissed off big black guy
Not possible. God can't have a bad rep.

#24 ·
Looks like this thread is full of shit...you have to blame your customers to make yourself feel better for your own failure...

Just admit you don't know how to run a business because in all responsibility THIS IS YOUR FAULT and blaming other people will not change that...

How do you think other turbo companies are still in business, have cores, and are successful....you tried doing something different and failed.

#26 ·
Huh. You handled your business extremely poorly, and blame the 3S community for your downfall. Yeah, I can see you'll learn from this experience.

What's so hard about not selling a product you don't have, or can't for 100% sure deliver (read: AS DESCRIBED)?

I just hope the people who have broken "brand-new" turbos, and the ones who's money you've taken, yet haven't delivered a product, aren't going to be left with their dick in their hands.

#29 ·
I don't think anyone has been scammed. Just made to be very unhappy. Failure to deliver has that effect (whether it be 'at all' or 'a quality product'). But LMI seemingly stood by their product no matter what. This thread comes as a surprise to me, I would have expected an apology for the tardiness and a "we're getting back on track". Not this "we suck, and because you're mad about it, fuck you" bullshit that we're getting.

#30 ·
I can totally understand where they are coming from as far as parts availability is concerned. I cannot 100% rebuild throttle body's anymore for the 3S as I got the last 3 seals in the USA for the lower water passage in the throttle body. Then if people send in bad cores, they expect me to fix them but some things just cannot be fixed. If someone ships a bad set of turbo's back for cores, don't give them a core return, a core return is for REBUILDABLE cores, not a turbo that has cracked or something like that. Be thankful that they are at least acknowledging the problem and not screwing current customers over. They could be like fuck you, we are not covering your current warranty, jump in a lake.

#32 ·
Man you guys really get worked up, in all honesty shit happens and flipping out isn't going to make shit move faster (exlax does :p)

I mean really, new company shows up and falls a bit behind, whoop-de-doo.

I'm still waiting on something I ordered last november from IPS. Shit happens. Don't get your knickers in a knot.

#33 ·
Warren, if you really want to resolve this issue just contact your customers. This could have all been avoided by simply communicating effectively your situation.

I'm still willing to wait for mine if you are planning on fulfilling existing orders, but I need to know what is up with my order. I have put a lot of trust in your ability to get me a good turbo at a great price and I'm honestly hoping that's still going to happen.

Thanx,

#36 ·
Gene yes I will be fullfilling all orders. With this complete step back it will help me get things in order and provide you with exactly what you ordered. please shoot me an e-mail directly to explain what i am throwing in the deal for my late shipment

#39 ·
Only on thursdays....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.